Page 30 of 195 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the press

Mel, he has said this in two interviews that I know of... shutting down for the rest of the year... but they talk about supporting the album another year... so I'm guessing they'll start off next year with the west coast and go from there.

I also like where Don says that in the future musicians will have to make money from live shows... I hold out hope (not that they need money)... but that they'll want to tour again.

Stuck on the Border

If they are going to stop touring for the rest of the year, then that means no Australian tour, which means that by the time I see them (next year, perhaps) I will have waited six years.

here's a Glen quote from the hotpress article...the question was "Are you thinking of doing another album?"

Glen: "Well we have 14 - 18 months of a cycle left. We're coming to Europe. We haven't played the Northwest of the United States. We haven't played California or the Southwest yet; we haven't played Japan, Asia, Australia, New Zealand. So it'll probably last 14 - 18 months more. Then we'll get on the phone - me and Don and Irving (Azoff, Eagles manager) and say, "well, what next?"

So melrose, sounds to me like you still have something to look forward to!

~Tonja~

Last edited by Koala; 07-08-2010 at 12:13 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Border Desperado

I can understand why they would take a break, but I guess I'm just a little selfish when it comes to them touring...but as much as I want to see them again, I also want them to be rested and happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I will have waited six years.
    I can't imagine, FP. Hopefully you get to see them sooner rather than later.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

He seems to be in much better spirits in these interviews than he was in that one a couple weeks ago!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

leave this Man alone! Dont pick his views apart. He is only human and very intelligent. Its His World for him and he has earned it! Terese

Quote Originally Posted by terese View Post
    leave this Man alone! Dont pick his views apart. He is only human and very intelligent. Its His World for him and he has earned it! Terese

*sigh* No one is picking him apart. I am able to see that no one is perfect or immune from criticism.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all - welcome terese.

As far as Don, we love him here, so we aren't likely to leave him alone. You can criticize someone and still be a big fan. Although I personally agree with many of his views, I realize that some people may not. Any of the band members are subject to criticism as public figures. You are right that Don is very intelligent, and, therefore, he must understand that when a public figure says controversial things that he opens himself up to criticism. IMO, not only does he understand this, but he purposely makes controversial statements to bring attention to issues that he cares about - very intelligent, indeed.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Spot on dreamer...

I am one, who personally, does not agree with most of DH's views, BUT - I 100% support his right to express them...and I admire him tremendously for standing up for what he believes in...we should all take such an active role in life!

And , not agreeing with him, does NOT stop me from lovin' his songs...even if I don't say "ya!" to the message - the songs are brilliant and usually stick in my head...and to top it off - - THAT VOICE! Nothing to complain about there!!

~Tonja~