Page 28 of 195 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Border Desperado

Default Re: Don in the press

Just a few thoughts...

I'm glad that the interviewer asked him reasonable questions. Can you imagine if he were pointing out spelling errors in Hotel California?

It seems as if Don is in a bit of a funk during this interview, maybe a bad day? Either way, I think he is a good man and a nice person who just doesn't enjoy interviews. I'm sure it gets boring and trivial after a while, but his fans look forward to every little piece of information that we can get from them. Shouldn't that be enough?

Ugh, more on Rupert Murdoch? Can't he throw some other media moguls in the mix?

Also, I love how when the interviewer asks about Walden Woods, his response is "send money".

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I'm thinking that Don was having an off day here. I agree that he is a good person, but he should try to show that side of himself a bit more when he gives interviews, IMO. At times he can be utterly charming and engaging and then, there are days like these. The thing is, though, I think he chooses whether or not he wants to do these interviews. If you are going to do them, then you should at least pretend like it is not a big pain in the a$$. I mean, c'mon Don, this was an email interview - you had many opportunities to review your answers before hitting the "Send" button.

I know Glenn catches a lot of flack from some fans for not being accessible to the press. However, if he doesn't enjoy doing interviews, then I'd rather he didn't. We don't need two Eagles coming across as grumpy old men. Nonetheless, I still love 'em all.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Maybe Don is tired of asking the same questions over and over, and I don't blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Is he kidding me? Can he possibly be comparing himself to all of the workers out there who are suddenly unemployed because of the recession??!!?
    No, I don't think that is what he meant at all. I think he is simply expressing gratitude that he and the other guys can still play, tour, and pack stadiums after thirty-plus years in the fickle entertainment business.

As much as I love the man, he must've really been having a bad day when he answered these interview questions. Oh well, as he famously told another interviewer who seemed a bit intimidated by him, "I'm not scary, I'm just opinionated."

Yeah, I agree that Don has a good heart along with his immense talent and I love 'em whether he's grumpy or charming. I just like to see more of the latter than the former. lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I know Glenn catches a lot of flack from some fans for not being accessible to the press. However, if he doesn't enjoy doing interviews, then I'd rather he didn't. We don't need two Eagles coming across as grumpy old men. Nonetheless, I still love 'em all.
    Well said and amen sister!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Well said and amen sister!!!
    I agree very well said.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    No, I don't think that is what he meant at all. I think he is simply expressing gratitude that he and the other guys can still play, tour, and pack stadiums after thirty-plus years in the fickle entertainment business.

As much as I love the man, he must've really been having a bad day when he answered these interview questions. Oh well, as he famously told another interviewer who seemed a bit intimidated by him, "I'm not scary, I'm just opinionated."
    I agree as well, I don't think that is what he said...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

"In any case, I'm happy to be working -- grateful to have a job in times like these."

I nearly burst out laughing here. Don, if you never performed again, you would not starve!

I know, he was trying to be humble, but really!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Here's an interesting quote from Don that I hadn't heard before. I don't think it's new, but it was in a recent article about one of his upcoming shows.

The quote:
    “After a couple of decades of being a public figure, a person grows tired of his own face, his own voice. If this malaise is allowed to continue unchecked, it can deteriorate into something that my pals and I call ‘Death By Show Business.’ This doesn’t refer to literal death — although that is sometimes the case — but more to a loss of enthusiasm and a withering of creativity — a sort of atrophy of the spirit.

One day you wake up and you’re wearing the pathetic clown suit. Although I always tried to lead a varied life that included charitable work, I had reached a point where I wanted to do something proactive — something that wasn’t completely ‘me’ oriented.”

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten