Page 27 of 195 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the press

Hi Maidstone. Happy for the info. Who knows why Don and her kept quiet all these years. Perhaps her mother wanted it that way and Don repsected her wishes. It doesn't bother me at all that we didn't/don't know... but of course, it's human nature to be curious about these types of things. As Don very well knows, the internet can is full of information and I'm sure it's his way of protecting his family. Can't blame the man for not putting them in the spotlight.

You know - I didn't know how it would be received on this board re: my posts. I don't want to make anyone mad by giving info that maybe shouldn't have been researched in the first place.

But it's all "out there" on that internet highway. And scary that I had too much time on my hands to go digging for it. urgh

Anyhoo - Thanks for all of the "Welcomes". I hope to contribute to this board in a productive way. And learn more about the fellas!

Thanks,
    Maid

Now Don is blaming Rupert Murdoch for people wasting time on MySpace, Facebook, and Twitter!

A bit of a testy interview with the The Salt Lake Tribune.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Sorry Don, but I gotta have my Myspace and my twitter

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Let the stoning begin... but he sounds like a grumpy old man. OMG, can you imagine what he thinks of us all writing about him on a public forum. The horror!

Yes, some of the internet is mindless... but some of us thirst for trivial knowledge. My mind often needs to be distracted because day to day life can be a little overwhelming at times. "no interviews"... yeah, but even he realizes he has to do them now and again...

That interview was rather depressing to me...

Yeah, Don came off pretty badly in that one. He appears openly resentful of the interview and tries to make this guy feel like crap for asking what seem to me to be reasonable questions.

Since this media coverage is promoting not only himself and his band but his charitable causes, one wonders why he doesn't make more of an effort to be polite. Yeah, he doesn't HAVE to - he's successful enough to do what he wants - but you'd think he'd want to just for the sake of professionalism if for no other reason.

Perhaps Don should consider the fact that without interviews, he would not have a venue through which to share his wisdom with the world... except for that whole music thing, of course. Unfortunately, it's hard to put the URL to Walden Woods' website in a song lyric.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Rupert Murdoch owns Myspace, and although I don't wish to sound quite like Don, that is one of the reasons why I don't wish to use it. But I think the 'a world with no video games' is a bit .... haughty. Not everybody is the same as Don Henley and a lot of people get a lot of satisfaction and escapism from such things.

I did like his paragraph about the music which inspires him and I was particularly gratified by the references to McCartney and Knopfler.

There is no point in my repeating yet again what you all know I am thinking but I will just this once:

Why can't we have ANOTHER perspective on the band? You know what I mean by that. End of rant.

Don needs to remember that he's interviewed because people are interested in hearing from him and about him and those people that are interested are the same people who have built his career.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

All I can say is when I read these kind of interviews by a member of the band I have admired and respected for so many years, it just truly saddens me!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Just one example of how the Eagles' songs have been woven through pop culture: An entire plotline of "Seinfeld" revolved around Elaine and her boyfriend arguing about the importance of the songs "Desperado" and "Witchy Woman."
    Being a Seinfeld fan I'm surprised that I don't remember this episode. I'd love to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Henley
    In any case, I'm happy to be working -- grateful to have a job in times like these.
    Is he kidding me? Can he possibly be comparing himself to all of the workers out there who are suddenly unemployed because of the recession??!!??

When it comes to the Eagles throughout your existence in the band, do you regret making statements about this being the last album, the last tour, hell freezing over, etc.?
    Absolutely not. When I remarked, in the early '80s, that the Eagles would play together again "when hell freezes over," that's exactly how I -- and at least one of the other band members ---- felt. ... Over the span of the 14 years that we were apart, we gained a greater perspective on what we had accomplished. ...
    As much as I dislike Don's 'tone' throughout this interview, I have to agree with him here. I'm glad that some of the things I have said in the past were not printed to come back and bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Henley
    Ultimately, it's up to the citizenry: Do we have the collective will to elect people who care about our natural heritage or do we want to continue to elect people who don't? Will we continue to allow politics to trump science in our state and federal legislatures? ... Until we make the transition to alternative sources of energy and get off this fossil fuel bender that we've been on for over 60 years, not much is going to change.
    Disagree all you want with his politics, but the man is absolutely correct here - it is up to us!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.