Page 23 of 195 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don in the press

ev - I always looked at the line as a commentary on the Nixon administration. He took office in 1969, and then, you probably know the rest of that story. In addition, you could probably expand it to mean that this was one of those "end of the innocence" periods in America - the JFK, MLK, Jr., and RFK assassinations, the Warren Report, escalation of the VietNam War, and all the other things that caused all the social turmoil in the late 60's.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thank you so much for posting the Detroit interview, Willie. It was great! I could listen to that voice all night.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I like how the interviewer kept Don opening up. Some very interesting questions. Even if most of them led to the same answers he at least was able to keep it from sounding like just another interview. Perhaps if you get a verbal interview that means Don likes you.

I LOVE that interview! The BOML part cracks me up for some reason. When the interviewer says "we're all trying to imagine it now" and Don goes "I hear it every day." lol Too funny! I LOOOOVE his voice!

An excerpt from another e-mail interview with the Columbus Dispatch:

By Preston Jones
    McClatchy Newspapers

By the numbers:

No. 1 albums

No. 1 singles

Grammy Awards

albums (including hits collections)

29 million
    copies sold of Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975

120 million
    total albums sold

Sources: Recording Industry Association of America, Rolling Stone Album Guide

If most bands were to go almost 30 years between albums, they might agonize over what tenor their new music should take, how time has changed them individually and collectively, and whether they will still be considered relevant.

For Long Road Out of Eden, the first studio effort from the Eagles since The Long Run in 1979, the reverse held true: The group needed only a chance encounter on YouTube to be inspired and guided in the right direction. The album, released in 2007, reached No. 1. Tonight, when the Eagles give a concert in Columbus, fans will hear tunes from the latest disc and from the catalog.

"There was some brief discussion about returning to our early style but not for the entire album," co- founder Don Henley said by e-mail. " How Long, the first single from the album, was definitely a nod to our beginnings, but even that came about somewhat by accident.

"Glenn (Frey)'s kids were surfing around on YouTube and found an old clip of us doing How Long on a Dutch TV show in 1973. . . . We'd forgotten that we used to sometimes include it in our set. Glenn thought it would be a good idea to record it for the Long Road Out of Eden album, so we did."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

And another audio interview:

98.5 WNCX Cleveland's Classic Rock

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for posting those, Soda. Another lovely radio interview

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I am off work for a couple of weeks on a short company-mandated sabbatical (unfortunately, this is way many people are hired by large companies now) but the upside is that I have more on-line time now.

I found this post on a random blog, which made me laugh:

"DON HENLEY MUST DRIVE.
    We were driving back from Milwaukee Airport the other day and got stuck for a while behind an old Civic with a license plate reading DON HNLY. It puzzled me. Are there really people, in 2009, whose commitment to Don Henley is so strong as to demand a personalized license plate? EAGLES, all right, I can see, they still sell out arenas. But solo Don?

Then I started to wonder — what if it is Don Henley? I didn’t have a fully worked-out theory for why Don Henley would be driving an old Civic on westbound I-94, but the idea was appealing. If I were Don Henley, I could totally imagine buying a modest vehicle, registering it with a personalized license plate advertising myself, then enjoying the reaction whenever I climbed out at a rest stop — the magnificent triple-take from “That guy has a Don Henley license plate!” to “That guy with the Don Henley license plate is a ringer for Don Henley!” to “Can it really be….”

So I cruised along behind the Civic, in no hurry, enjoying my fantasy."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good one, DF!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I found this on Google and what I thought was interesting was it mentions Don taking his four kids. http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...245672848.html