Page 121 of 195 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

jms - I'm very short too so sometimes I struggle to see as well. Although it is much better now that most of the time folks are sitting for of the show. As VA said, around about Heartache Tonight is when just about everyone will be standing for good so you may struggle to get a good view then. Just a little hint, if you can make your way to the end of the center aisle, sometimes security will allow folks to stand there near the end of the show as long as you aren't in anyone's way and the entire aisle isn't being blocked. Good luck and hope you have a blast!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Five best songs with 'Summer' in the title, you know Don's going to be in this one! The good news is that he's #1 of the five...

http://m.axs.com/5-best-songs-with-s...he-title-53601
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Don posted on Facebook yesterday (or more likely, had someone else do it, but the message was his).

My old friend, J. D. Souther, has just released a new album entitled “Tenderness.” Produced by the estimable Larry Klein, it’s a beautiful piece of work — great songs and sensual arrangements. Check it out: jdsouther.net
    Very interesting that he's begun to use social media, and what he's used it for. So far it's been things very near and dear to him, like backing up Mumford and Sons' refusal to allow cellphones and for Walden Woods, and now to promote JD's album.
    VK

Has Hell Froze Over again? Even thought somebody is probably posting his post, but I agree. Seeing Don post on facebook(or his people) lately, its been interesting that he's slowly starting to like social media. He probably still hates it, but he's taking baby steps.

I didn't see that post yesterday. I need to check it out.

I missed it, too. I found it on Twitter this morning where someone linked to it. It didn't hit my NewsFeed, nor did the 'share' by the Eagles. I seldom get Felder's posts in my NewsFeed, either. There are times Facebook seriously annoys me. When I 'like' a page, it's because I want to see what they post. Heck, I don't even get my own posts on the EOC page in my NewsFeed!
    VK

Border Troubadour

Don or 'his people' could be building up to promoting his own album through social media...we live in hope
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

VA. I have to set it to notification after I like the page because if I don't do that, I will never know when a new post is posted. Their are certain pages have it setup to when a page post a new post. I don't know how I miss that one since I do have it set where if Don's facebook page has a post, I get a notification. That was probably around a time that I'm not looking at facebook(even though I have it up, I don't always read anything new).

OK. I went to check Don's page. I didn't have it setup to get a notification. That explains why I didn't see his post yesterday. I guess I didn't have it on get notification because until lately his page wasn't always updated and it was always about tour dates. I changed it now.

I do have it set for DonF's and Joe's pages since they update their facebook page a lot. I just didn't for Don's page.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    VA. I have to set it to notification after I like the page because if I don't do that, I will never know when a new post is posted. Their are certain pages have it setup to when a page post a new post. I don't know how I miss that one since I do have it set where if Don's facebook page has a post, I get a notification. That was probably around a time that I'm not looking at facebook(even though I have it up, I don't always read anything new).
    I didn't think about that, Shun. I usually turn off all notifications like that so that my phone isn't constantly beeping at me, especially at work. I do have EOC set up to give me notifications, of course, and the two things I pushed out this morning still aren't in my NewsFeed.

A friend said that if you don't 'like' or comment on items from pages, they stop getting put into your NewsFeed. While I have noticed that, I 'like' or comment on all Eagles-related pages. For the one Don and the Eagles pushed out for JD, maybe it didn't hit my NewsFeed because I got the original one from JD?

Complaining about Facebook could be a whole other thread! However, I'm really glad it gives the guys another method to reach their fans. I agree, DD, that hopefully it's a lead-up. Glenn didn't do that, his Facebook page was created the day the announcement was made, which was too late to do what it's intended to do.
    VK

Uh-Oh! Look what I found... I feel another lawsuit coming on. I saw a tweet yesterday where someone copied the lawsuit from Duluth Trading Company, and today this ad was in a Google Alert.

http://milled.com/flint-and-tinder/MmTVDANGoLx2f4J1
    VK