Page 119 of 195 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1947

Thread: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Don in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Doing it isn't. If you want memories of your concert experience, why is that Selfish or Ignorant to you? Its not hurting anyone to use your phone to take pics.
    It is when you hold it up to get a clear view and it blocks the view of the person behind you. It would be fine if it happened once for only a moment or two, but these days, people hold them up for half the concert or more.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It is when you hold it up to get a clear view and it blocks the view of the person behind you. It would be fine if it happened once for only a moment or two, but these days, people hold them up for half the concert or more.
    I Understand that but they shouldn't take away me Wanting to get memories from the Concert Experience.

Banned

The Eagles go to great lengths to inform the audience of how they would like them to behave. Remaining seated and keeping your phones out of view. It's a general courtesy to the band and fellow audience members to heed their requests.

Memories are in your head. If you want tangible mementos like selfies, sound bites, clips and photos, you're going to annoy the band and all the unselfish people around you who choose, not to ignore the band's requests.

The concert experience is about being in the moment not chronicling it. That's what I think anyway.

The "I'm not a bad person" defense doesn't wash.

I'm going to stick in my 2 cents here, but the bands request on how to "behave" is just too much. When you pay the high prices for their tickets, then you should be able to enjoy the concert as you please,. This is why I hardly ever get floor seats, I'm 5'2' & when people stand up, I can't see, even if I get up also. For me the best seats are off to the side in the lower level, best I can get.
    I have been in the front row. and in like 8th row. Unfortunately from the 8th row I could not see, so the $900. I spent on tix for 2 seats were not so great. That's a shame, but...
    This is a concert, not Sunday school, & you can't control everyone's behavior. That's just reality.
    I never bother to film because I know that whatever the "rules" are, there will be stuff up on "Youtube" anyway.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I'm going to stick in my 2 cents here, but the bands request on how to "behave" is just too much. When you pay the high prices for their tickets, then you should be able to enjoy the concert as you please,. This is why I hardly ever get floor seats, I'm 5'2' & when people stand up, I can't see, even if I get up also. For me the best seats are off to the side in the lower level, best I can get.
    I have been in the front row. and in like 8th row. Unfortunately from the 8th row I could not see, so the $900. I spent on tix for 2 seats were not so great. That's a shame, but...
    This is a concert, not Sunday school, & you can't control everyone's behavior. That's just reality.
    I never bother to film because I know that whatever the "rules" are, there will be stuff up on "Youtube" anyway.
    It doesn't even get to YouTube any more.

I take exception with the words 'selfish' and especially 'ígnorant' as I am neither. I did what the band wanted in March. What did it prove? They get to tell entire arenas how to behave. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I do NOT hold my phone up for the entire show. Why should I be discriminated against because others do?

In 2010 their attitude was totally different. Why have they changed? I don't know. Could they be more proactive rather than come across as so heavy heanded? Yes, they could. The longer they go without updating their website or releasing new DVDs the more the fans will feel deprived.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    The Eagles go to great lengths to inform the audience of how they would like them to behave. Remaining seated and keeping your phones out of view. It's a general courtesy to the band and fellow audience members to heed their requests.

Memories are in your head. If you want tangible mementos like selfies, sound bites, clips and photos, you're going to annoy the band and all the unselfish people around you who choose, not to ignore the band's requests.

The concert experience is about being in the moment not chronicling it. That's what I think anyway.

The "I'm not a bad person" defense doesn't wash.
    Yes it does, If I want to take pictures of my Concert Experience, I should be allowed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It doesn't even get to YouTube any more.

I take exception with the words 'selfish' and especially 'ígnorant' as I am neither. I did what the band wanted in March. What did it prove? They get to tell entire arenas how to behave. That doesn't mean I have to like it. I do NOT hold my phone up for the entire show. Why should I be discriminated against because others do?

In 2010 their attitude was totally different. Why have they changed? I don't know. Could they be more proactive rather than come across as so heavy heanded? Yes, they could. The longer they go without updating their website or releasing new DVDs the more the fans will feel deprived.
    I agree FP, but last years NY shows were up on YouTube. From the upper levels people videoed & with a zoom lens, it was pretty good . I guess they get taken down, but they do come up right after the show. Also the security is pretty lax upstairs. I like to take a few pictures also, but the camera police are out in full force down in the front. It's also a shame that they don't release more pictures & video on their own website.

I also have an issue with being called "selfish" & especially "ignorant" !!!

Cellphones and small cameras have much better capabilities now than they did in 2010, I would think that's the main factor. Plus, more people have them and use them, and as I've said before, for people near the front, the band has the best view of the people bobbing and weaving to see around a cellphone or camera stuck in their line of sight. I don't think it matters if you don't do it for an entire concert, and whether the magic number of what's acceptable is one or 40, the person whose view is being blocked probably has a different number in mind.
    VK

From the personal collection of Carrie Fisher...

http://www.debbiereynoldsstudiostore...-carrie-fisher
    VK

How precious! Why in the world would she want to sell that??

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten