Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I would love to read an autobiography by Don Henley. He's a talented wordsmith and he has no shortage of stories to tell. The only problem is that he won't be able to keep his personal life out of it, not if he truly wants to write an effective autobiography.

An autobiography where the author refuses to open up and expose any vulnerability or heart and soul, one where he does nothing but talk about his professional achievements and leaves out the personal, is nothing more than a glorified press release.

He'll also have to include the darkness as well as the light if he wants to make it work, and I think he'll struggle with that as well. Most people do. Whitewashing the past is deadly in a book and comes off as someone trying to project a false, sanitized image of himself for the purposes of self-glorification rather than an honest picture that communicates his essence... and that's what a good autobiography should do. The reader should be able to extrapolate from it a fundamental truth about what makes Don Henley tick.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best.
Well said Soda, and I agree. I can never see Don writing an autobiography that deals with both the "dark and
light " sides of his life. I just can't see him discussing the events of Nov. 1980 and his dating relationship with the 16 year-old (sorry I forget her name right now it's Fri.) . Remember the shit fit he threw with Eliot after he cooperated on the re-issue of TTL. He tried his hardest to keep the book from being published and when that was unsuccessful, from selling. Also, JMHO, but how can he honestly discuss his relationship with Glenn when it has been Glenn's son who has enabled this version of the Eagles go on. I would agree that an autobiography would be really interesting but I'm just not holding my breath on it happening.