Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oakland 10-2-10

Default Oakland 10-2-10

Awesome concert tonight at Oracle Arena...the boys were in fine form. Being in the second row was fantastic. I actually got a grin out of Joe (at least I am pretty sure I did) but since I was wearing this pinned to my shirt that may be the reason why...

I took a ton of other pictures which I will get uploaded as soon as I can and I will write out a review too. Great night that made the trip worthwhile. Tomorrow morning I am hopping the BART into to San Francisco, which is one of my very favorite cities, for a quick day of sightseeing and hopefully a really good Italian meal up in North Beach before I head north again on Monday morning.
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 10-03-2010 at 04:38 AM.

Default Re: Oakland 10-2-10

Can't wait to hear your review and see the pics!

Have a nice day in San Francisco!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Some videos

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb-U3XRVEkU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGtrVRseY58[/ame]
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the video, Koala. And Cami - can't wait to read your review and see the pics. Love the button you wore!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Glad you had a great time Cami! Can't wait for your goodies!

And oh my gosh, they are still playing Best of My Love! Yes! I hope to death they do it in Austin, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Good show last night....well performed. I've been to many Eagles concerts and I must say that I feel like the guys phoned this one in...their energy level just wasn't up there and they just didn't seem like they were really having a good time, not much fun interaction between them. After the introductions Don said to Timothy that he forgot he was born in Oakland, something about Sacramento not having a hospital or even power way back then, but Timothy came back with a comment about still being younger than Don, I thought that was cute. Don had on a khaki green shirt and full on gray goatee (it looks good on him, I liked it), Glenn had on the bright pink shirt over a t-shirt, Timothy had on a blue/gray shirt (no vest tonight) and Joe had on black jeans and a black and white Ramones t-shirt under a black jacket. Out of all of them, Joe really does look the healthiest. I was so glad they did Best of my love, it sounded great. And my other two favorites Witchy Woman and Waiting in the weeds. Witchy Woman is the first Eagles song that got my attention back in 1972 and to this day it is still my favorite. For a few years they stopped doing it but I'm glad to see it's back. One thing that happened that I thought was a little odd....at the end of the show when they were waving goodbye Timothy stuck his guitar pick in his pocket....he always throws it out into the audience, but not last night. We had great seats (I was especially glad when they removed the piano, it was partly blocking my view of Timothy and totally blocking my view of Don when he played the drums) and I'm so glad I went. A small part of me always thinks "Is this my last Eagles concert" when Desperado starts and I always get a little teary eyed. Hopefully there will be more.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Glad you went also Woodstock!! Sorry to hear they were off a bit tho. I have to say I'm surprised to hear that tho since it is the beginning of this leg of the tour. You'd think they'd be well rested and ready to go again. That's disappointing for the money.

Can't wait to see some pictures Cami!! Safe trip home this morning!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

WT, love the pin - I'll bet Joe got a real kick out of it. Looking forward to more from you.

Woodstock, thanks for the review and your honesty. Hey, they can't all be great, right? (Selfishly hoping they'll be GREAT in Indy)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I left Oakland a little before six this morning to avoid the rush hour traffic and made it home in a little over six hours. Not bad for a nearly 400 mile drive!

Here is a link to the pictures I took... I haven't really edited or resized them yet but I thought I would rather share now and work on that part later. Just click on the picture below to get to my album on photobucket.

Woodstock, sorry you didn't they were at their best. I'm glad you still enjoyed yourself, though.

Cami - aaah - nice photos!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten