Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

Banned

Default Re: Eagles Song Survivor: The Long Run

But Wildthyme should be able to change the immune song if she so chooses.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well on the surface its #2. But another option is to include Eve's vote as well - the one that the time was in dispute of. He computer clock may just have been slightly slower or something. Then with Soda's vote as well, its still a tie? So we just maintain the Status quo as is? Just a suggestion. of course in future games this would not really be a precedent.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GA, I'm afraid we can't pretend Eve cast her vote before the stroke of 8:00 just to make this conundrum go away. Board time is the standard because it's the same for everyone. It's the only fair way. If you're going to wait until the last minute to vote, it's your responsibility to make sure your "last minute" aligns with the board's "last minute." My "deliberations" were spent looking over old games to see if there was a precedent, and when I couldn't find one, I set it.

Looks like #2 so far... we'll see!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned
    Sunset Sound Studios - Buried Alive in the Blues

As in any/all fair and legitimate competitions, all aspects affecting the outcome must be considered in the event of a “do over”.

Nobody’s perfect and human error is certainly a given (no offense), and everyone is entitled to make an honest mistake periodically.

That being said, I’ll go with #2, allowing Wildthyme to choose the song receiving immunity.

Precedents aside…life is not fair, but we’re on The Border.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well, IMO, life may not be fair, but that's because you can hardly ever reach a concensus about what fair means on any given issue. Everyone has their own intrepretation of what fair is so that's why it's impossible to try to please all the people all the time. But, I totally agree with Soda about using the board clock to establish the official time for the game. I can't personally see anything unfair about saying that all votes must be in before the board clock strikes 8:00 p.m. EST. I guess if Cinderella had a deadline, then we can live with one here as well.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned
    Sunset Sound Studios - Buried Alive in the Blues

OMG! Those Shoes..........................................aga in!

As most everyone else, I am also in favour of the 2nd option as long as WT has the option to change her immunity song. It seems to me to be the only fair route to go IMO.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

To be honest, I think #1 is the most fair. The votes were miscounted (it happens - that is why Soda lists everyone's vote, incase there is an error), so it should be a fresh start and give everyone a chance to pick up where we left off - at the end of last round.

However, since most people like option #2, I will not agrue against it. I do feel Cami should be able to change the song she wants immune though, since she should have all songs "in play" to be able to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    GA, I'm afraid we can't pretend Eve cast her vote before the stroke of 8:00 just to make this conundrum go away. Board time is the standard because it's the same for everyone. It's the only fair way. If you're going to wait until the last minute to vote, it's your responsibility to make sure your "last minute" aligns with the board's "last minute." My "deliberations" were spent looking over old games to see if there was a precedent, and when I couldn't find one, I set it.

Looks like #2 so far... we'll see!
    Oh no! I totally understand Soda! I would run then with option 2. Will you definitely announce a decision on this, or will we just start replaying anyway?
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

OK! In case I don't get in tomorrow before the deadline I vote this round to eliminate 'Kings of Hollywood' (Sorry Lou!)
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP