Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Purdue Exponent Cartoon Causes Uproar

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Purdue Exponent Cartoon Causes Uproar

Just got the chance to read the apology and the other letter. My first impression when I found out that the editor was a young lady was shock to be honest. She sounds very sincere in her apology which I'm glad to see. So many times when someone offends someone publicly and then apologizes, you know that it isn't sincere and that the only reason they are doing it is because they feel obligated to do so. I'm sure anyone who reads my post knows that I am a believer in speaking your mind.

That being said, I must also address something else. I have to question why anyone would stay somewhere that you can easily leave if you feel you are being bullied or unwanted. I belong to several Rock N Roll boards for various groups and have never felt that way but am pretty sure that if I did, I'd be gone in a flash. I love these bands and wish to DISCUSS them with anyone who will, I will also debate with anyone who might not agree with me but I'm sure I wouldn't be bullied and stick around. I read pretty much every word on this board and can honestly say, I have never seen anyone bullied or forced off this board for just debating a topic or speaking their mind. I do, however, feel there are those who like to "stir the pot" and just try to get a rise out of other members or administrators and again have to ask myself why? It saddens me when I see any topic turn ugly for no apparent reason other than someone trying to stir up trouble with no regards to someone else's feelings. I have little tolerance for those who purposely say and do things with no other motivation than to hurt someone or stir up controversy. So I guess my advice to anyone who thinks this board is "small" and they are just being bullied, you should probably seek entertainment elsewhere.

This is coming from an Indiana girl who is proud of her state!
    Last edited by TimothyBFan; 09-22-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

That question I raised was no backhanded stab at Nancy or BB or anyone else. It was not cloaked sarcasm. It was a serious question I have about the legality of describing how to commit a criminal act and how that relates to "Free Speech".

If I knew how, could I post openly for all to read, exactly how to create a weapon of mass destruction? Or a fool-proof way to embezzle money. Or commit murder and get away with it?

I know, a lot of that has already been done (or at least I've heard that it has been done on the Internet), but is it "Legal" under the Freedom Of Speech clause?

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    In leaving, which I certainly would if not for a handful of people, the bully (You) wins.

How is Nancy the bully exactly? Bender makes fun of a lot of serious stuff.

I don't think the intention of your post was ever in doubt, Mike. I'd love to know the answer, too! It's an interesting topic.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I don't think the intention of your post was ever in doubt, Mike. I'd love to know the answer, too! It's an interesting topic.
    Exactly!!! Me also!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

I just want to put this out here... one in three women in this country are abused sexually sometime in their life. The long term effects of this can be alcoholism, drug abuse, depression, anxiety, inability to trust, not to mention the actual physical effects like the inability to swallow, self abuse, fear and suicide. NOW.. if one in three women have suffered or will suffer sexual abuse in their life time, HOW MANY of the women here do you think suffer this?? And isnt making fun of rape or supporting people who do bullying JUST as much as the kids who hold down the weak kid in school so the big guy can punch him in the stomach and take his lunch money? If the mere thought of someone hurting your child is enough for you to cry bully! maybe you need to redefine your values. I hope to GOD your child never has to suffer through anything like this, but lets not support those people who not only make hurting others seem "okay" but make it funny(?)
    I hate to think of my children ever being hurt by someone else, but its a nightmare every parent endures and it's never so far in my subconscious or out of my thoughts that someone else mentioning something horrible or unspeakable doesnt makes me thank God for my children's safety and choke up a little about someone else's daughter/sister/mother having to go through it.

That's why I would advocate the death penalty for Rapists.

Banned
    Sunset Sound Studios - Buried Alive in the Blues

They have to be convicted first, in open court (not to mention the initial report has to be filed, investigated, and sent to the prosecutor).

Btw, what was she wearing, how much had she had to drink (oh, there was something in that drink?), how many partners had she had in the past, what was she doing there in the first place..?

You get the idea.

That's our Justice System. Ain't pretty.