Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Eagles Book: "The Eagles: An American Band" by Vaughn

Default Re: New Eagles Book

You may want to do some research before spouting off against Glenn.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    You may want to do some research before spouting off against Glenn.

LOL! What ARE you talking about NOW?

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Here's the description for the up-coming book, not an exact quote, from Google.

“Take It Easy.” “Lyin' Eyes.” “One of These Nights.” “Hotel California.” These songs are among the most memorable ever written, and they all came from the Eagles. This gorgeous volume traces the history of the group from the beginning through to the present. Tells about the albums, the tours, the fights, the triumphs, the awards, and the remarkable Hell Freezes Over (otherwise known as their 1994 reunion tour), The Eagles offers a truly unique look at how the group exported the Southern California lifestyle to every corner of the world.

Andrew Vaughn is a respected Nashville-based writer and authority on country music. He has been a guest on BBC Radio, BBC TV and VH1, and has written books on the history of country music.
    Here's more from Amazon:

"This astonishing volume also tells the gripping tale of the fateful night in Cincinnati 1975 when guitarist Bernie Leadon effectively quit the band by pouring a 12oz Budweiser long neck over the head of singer Glenn Frey. Other harrowing tales include the night in which bassist Randy Meisner threw Frey up against a wall after being taunted that he was a "pussy" for not wanting to sing "Take It to the Limit" one more time. It also includes a song by song (ie. blow by blow) retelling (done a chapter at a time) of the vicious taunts hurled between Frey and guitarist Don Felder as the band played their final concert ultimately breaking up the band for nearly 14 years."

I can't wait for this book!!
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    Here's more from Amazon:

"This astonishing volume also tells the gripping tale of the fateful night in Cincinnati 1975 when guitarist Bernie Leadon effectively quit the band by pouring a 12oz Budweiser long neck over the head of singer Glenn Frey. Other harrowing tales include the night in which bassist Randy Meisner threw Frey up against a wall after being taunted that he was a "pussy" for not wanting to sing "Take It to the Limit" one more time. It also includes a song by song (ie. blow by blow) retelling (done a chapter at a time) of the vicious taunts hurled between Frey and guitarist Don Felder as the band played their final concert ultimately breaking up the band for nearly 14 years."

I know, it's going to be fun.

This sounds like a good book! I'll have to get it when it comes out. As for the whole Glenn Frey dispute... I 100% agree with FP. I agree with the fact that he has not taken advantage of his power during shows, meaning, he really doesn't sing many songs during an Eagles concert. I think that we all have the right to our opinions, but none of us really know Frey well enough to jump to conclusions and say whether he is a 'dick' or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    Here's more from Amazon:

Ah, GTLO, you clever boy!

But I'm afraid those who are looking for this paragraph in the book will be disappointed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I read through the comments from yesterday, and, IMO, the issues here aren’t about having a right to an opinion, or whose Eagle is the best, or whose fans display blind loyalty. The issue is about being respectful of one another.

It is understandable when fans want to come to the defense of their favorite member that disagreements can occur. This is why our Netiquette Guidelines address this type of thing. Many of us are happy to debate issues with others on this board. Even when we don’t agree, we can usually manage to respectfully disagree. The great thing about this board is that most members try to keep the environment pleasant and fun by following the basic rules of common courtesy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Lefsetz wrote about the new book:

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.p...-to-the-limit/

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well I hope what he calls "new pictures" are really "new". We've seen pictures of them in Lear jets & getting off larger planes!

Soda, love your sig!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Well I hope what he calls "new pictures" are really "new". We've seen pictures of them in Lear jets & getting off larger planes!
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Fingers crossed but I doubt it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low