Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Eagles Book: "The Eagles: An American Band" by Vaughn

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: New Eagles Book

Glenn has not made a single comment on Felder since Felder was fired.

If he 'wrestled the power' away it was because he had the strength to do so. The band would not have become the success it did without his drive and ambition. If he were as arrogant and power hungry as you claim why is it that these days he sings so few songs in concert? He could have made the band a vehicle for himself. He did no such thing.

I realise that the fans of the former members on this board apparently seem to dislike Glenn. They have the right to do so. I have the right to say that he 'has some virtues', Eve, just as you and GTLO have the right to call him a 'dick'. It works both ways.

Banned

That's exactly right. But it's apparent that not many agree with that. As much Felder hatred that is spewed on this board so quickly and openly, it always gives me a giggle when all the Frey fans come out to defend Glenn when he is accused of being a dick.

Hey, Nobody has really outright bashed Felder, and We have a right to defend our favorite Eagle

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    That's exactly right. But it's apparent that not many agree with that. As much Felder hatred that is spewed on this board so quickly and openly, it always gives me a giggle when all the Frey fans come out to defend Glenn when he is accused of being a dick.
    Not many agree with what?

I do not 'hate' Felder. What I dislike is the way he portrays himself as an innocent victim with no responsibility at all for what occurred.

And if I am 'all the Frey fans' I am proud of it.

I like Bernie Leadon. I like Don Felder. I like Glenn Frey.

Even if name-calling takes on the stature of the youthfully immature, almost every person has an occasional conflict; and many momentary conflicts are later resolved in a more friendly spirit

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Not many agree with what?

They can sure dish out the Felder hate, but can't take the Frey dislike.
    And Eaglelady, you must not have read the Heaven and Hell, um, "discussion" (bash Felder) thread.

It was not a Bash Felder thread. He makes himself out to be a victim in everything he says and writes.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

I don't dislike Glenn, I think he is extremely talented. He has an incredible voice and is a vastly underrated guitarist.

But the man is not without his faults, and I am not basing this opinion on Felder's book which I too thought came off as bitter, self-serving and even overly unfair to Glenn.

But if you can piss off the usually genteel Randy Meisner to the point where he takes a swing at you, then I must assume Glenn really knows how to push people's buttons (I believe Randy's line to Glenn was "who the fuck made you the leader of the Eagles"?).
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

I still think that the members of the Eagles will all ultimately be friends once again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    I don't dislike Glenn, I think he is extremely talented. He has an incredible voice and is a vastly underrated guitarist.

But the man is not without his faults, and I am not basing this opinion on Felder's book which I too thought came off as bitter, self-serving and even overly unfair to Glenn.

But if you can piss off the usually genteel Randy Meisner to the point where he takes a swing at you, then I must assume Glenn really knows how to push people's buttons (I believe Randy's line to Glenn was "who the fuck made you the leader of the Eagles"?).

Let's see here.
    Bernie pours a beer over Glenn's head.
    Randy takes a swing at Glenn
    Felder and Glenn trade threats on stage leading Felder to smash a guitar, even if it was his cheapest one.
    There is one common denominator here...Glenn Frey.