Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Eagles Book: "The Eagles: An American Band" by Vaughn

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: New Eagles Book

Quote Originally Posted by Eve View Post
    How can a beer being poured on Glenn Frey's head NOT be funny.
    I don't know, Eve. Some of us think Glenn Frey has some virtues.

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    Agreed Eve, Bernie is laughing all the way to the bank, thanks especially to the release of his golden parachute (aka Their Greatest hits 71-75).

But Glenn is still making good records

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hopefully he interviews Bernie to get the straight story! Looking forward to it
    I'm not sure I quite understand where you're coming from with this comment, GLO. As much as I love Bernie, I doubt if he is the only one that would or could give the straight story of the band's early years.

And I'll weigh in here on the beer pouring incident. I don't believe it was at all funny at the time that it happened, and I'd bet that Glenn or Bernie didn't see any humor in it at the time. However, looking back on it now, it is a bit amusing.

As far as who got the last laugh, that is something that is very debatable. In retrospect, I think things worked out in the best interest of both men. I doubt if either of them have many regrets about the way things have worked out.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I'm not sure I quite understand where you're coming from with this comment, GLO. As much as I love Bernie, I doubt if he is the only one that would or could give the straight story of the band's early years.

And I'll weigh in here on the beer pouring incident. I don't believe it was at all funny at the time that it happened, and I'd bet that Glenn or Bernie didn't see any humor in it at the time. However, looking back on it now, it is a bit amusing.

As far as who got the last laugh, that is something that is very debatable. In retrospect, I think things worked out in the best interest of both men. I doubt if either of them have many regrets about the way things have worked out.
    I wasn't talking about the beer pouring incident when I was talking about the "straight story" (as I think Felder already described it in great detail in his book), I was talking about the Eagles story in general in the new book. His interviews are always so articulate and enlightening and he doesn't really have an axe to grind (unlike Felder) and seems to always tell it straight. I'm certain he doesn't regret leaving the band when he did as he wasn't interested in becoming an arena rock star like Glenn and he was honestly burnt out from the grind of endless touring and infighting.

As far as Glenn, the man does have his virtues, talented as hell but unfortunately can be a bit of a dick (according to several sources). He managed to wrestle the power away from the other members to become the sole "leader", I just don't like how he and Don have down played the contributions of the former members who helped make the Eagles one of most legendary bands of all time.
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

I don't see that GTLO. Besides Glenn is technically the leader. and I have not heard him or Don downplay the contributions of the others.

I just don't like how he and Don have down played the contributions of the former members who helped make the Eagles one of most legendary bands of all time.
    I have seen & read interviews where Glenn has praised Felder's contributions & mentioned that he was an integral part of the band. I have also seen where he has made sure to mention that Felder co-wrote Hotel California when the interviewer overlooked that fact. He has also brought attention to Felder in concert when he has played guitar solos.

Banned

As far as Glenn, the man does have his virtues,
    I wouldn't be able to use the word virtue and Glenn Frey in the same sentence. Talented, certainly. Arrogant, absolutely. "Bit of a dick", understatement.

Eve I don't think you know Glenn well enough to assume that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    Eve I don't think you know Glenn well enough to assume that.

No more so than the ones that praise his virtues.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I have seen & read interviews where Glenn has praised Felder's contributions & mentioned that he was an integral part of the band. I have also seen where he has made sure to mention that Felder co-wrote Hotel California when the interviewer overlooked that fact. He has also brought attention to Felder in concert when he has played guitar solos.
    Was this before or after he fired him?
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...