Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Album?!

Default Last Album?!

This topic has probably already been posted, but I couldn't find a similar thread. Anyways, I found an article saying how the LROOE album will be The Eagles' last. That makes me so very sad . Is it true, or has anyone heard differently? Also, since this Summer's tour was to promote LROOE, would this be their final tour? Will there be any chance of them going on tour after this Summer?

Here is the article:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...nal_album.html

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Last Album?!

I suggest that you watch this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cng7YcTAbfs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

where Glenn specifically talks about next year perhaps being devoted to songwriting and maybe returning to the studio. We can't say for certain but if that is the case, they would not tour much next year. I know that not long ago Don expressed disappointment that it didn't look as if they would get to 40 years, but Don tends to make comments like that and then they carry on as normal.

Also, with respect, that article you posted is dated November 8, 2007, which is just after the album was released. Three years have passed since then.

And at the risk of sounding like a pedant, they are touring after the summer. They are coming to Australia in December, which is your winter. That counts as a tour even if it isn't in the U.S. I know you were referring to the U.S. but I would just wait and see.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Great answer, FP. Wouldn't it nice if we all had a crystal ball into the future, including Glenn, Don, Joe, and Timothy - and I'll bet Irving would love to have one too.

And BTW - I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but my gut tells me they are going to make it to 40 years. Not that that is worth much.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You never know with these guys. I'm thinking they'll make it to 40, too, though. As far as a new album goes... while I'm not holding my breath, I'm really encouraged by Glenn's comments in that interview. You know, recording in a studio probably looks pretty good to these guys after being on the road for three years, and why hang it up before you have to? After all, there will come a time when they simply can't do it anymore, so they need to make the most of the time they have. I'm not just saying that because they're hitting the 40-year mark as a band. That's good advice no matter what your age.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Thanks for the answer FP. I guess I should have looked at the date of the article first I mean, three years could very well make a difference in their thoughts about the future. I agree about them hitting the 40 year mark. I think it's very unlikely for them to make another album. Maybe it's just better off going out with a bang, though they do have the potential and ability to write another album. I'm just hoping that they go on another tour at some point. I'm dying to see them again!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I know what they said in the interview about songwriting, but as long as it took them for LROOE, (and remember TLR?) I can't imagine them managing to put out another album. I hope they do, but their history is against it.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

They did say that they had a number of songs that were left over after the LROOE sessions so maybe that would give them encentive to do one more single album .

..that's what I'm thinking...IF there is another album, it could be all the songs that didn't make it on their last..........

Would they really put out an album of songs not considered good enough for LROOE? I always thought their attitude was "eject the rejects" after recording an album. Of course, something that didn't work for an Eagles album might be great when modified for a solo album (see Expando).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

...that's right, Glenn never mentioned it was an Eagles' project...could be solo projects?????????????