Thread: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

I knew Soda was moving, but didn't know when. I'm happy she was able to receive her emails letting her know what was going on. I almost copied Dreamer on my email, just in case Soda was't around. I just wanted to say, it's great that Soda can depend on Dreamer to assist on all the workings of this site to keep it running smoothly.

I know I am not alone when I say, thank you Soda and Dreamer for keeping this site wonderful, fun and friendly. I appreciate you ladies!

Do we have to worry about photo images at this point?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Reposting of copyrighted content from online articles

Awww - thanks, Ev - that is very sweet of you. I have to say I am glad to be able to help out in any way I can. Like many of you, these sites are a labor of love for me - not only because of Glenn, Don, Timothy, and Joe but for all of the fans who visit and post here as well.

Cyberhugs to you all!!!

As far as pictures, we're not worrying about them for now. If they are part of an article you are already deleting, then you should probably go ahead and delete it, but I wouldn't worry about other pics right now.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Wow!!! Very cool of L&M to give Soda a head's up on this. I don't think I've posted any articles but I will go through my posts tonight after work and check. Just so I'm clear on this...It's only the posting of full articles that we have to worry about? Not pics or videos?
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border

We are only concerned about full articles at the moment.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Just wanted to give everyone a little update about how we are coming along with our little 'project'. Over the weekend, with the help of Koala, TimothyBFan, timfan, and Freypower, we scanned almost all of the forums to identify posts that may need editing. It was quite an undertaking, and we are almost complete. That doesn't mean we found everything so, again, we appreciate all of your help in continuing to check and edit your own posts.

However, that was just the first part. The next step now is to attempt to edit or delete information without making the threads meaningless. That is going to be quite time-consuming, and it is something that we will probably be doing over the course of the next several weeks. We wanted to make everyone aware of this in case you still come across information and wonder why it hasn't been removed. We'll get through all of it in due time.

In the meantime, we just ask that going forward everyone follow the new practice. Remember, it is okay to link to an article and even post small excerpts from articles. However, please do not copy and paste most or all of an article or post an excerpt without linking to the original article. If you have any questions about any of this, please let us know. And once again, thanks for your help and cooperation with this.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

You really have your work cut out for you and I appreciate you guys taking the time to do this.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes. Thanks to all of you who are helping out. You guys Rock!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten