Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Witchita 6-30-2010

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Witchita 30-6-2010

Jess! Wow! Just WOW!

Awesome pics so far, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Love these pics and stories.... and I read that fine print and I sure hope to death your video turns out!!!

PS Thanks for finding those other videos, Koala!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Just watched that 7BR video. Awesome! And Joe is too funny with his little foot stomps at about 1:16! Steuart (I can never remember how to spell his name!) is grinning at him, too! I bet Joe would get in trouble if Don saw him!

I'm almost done with the review. I haven't had a chance to proof read any of it and I've still got a couple of songs left to cover but I'll post what I have finished now because I've gotta get ready for work.

Set List:

Seven Bridges Road
    How Long
    I Don’t Want To Hear Any More
    Guilty Of The Crime
    Hotel California
    Peaceful Easy Feeling
    I Can't Tell You Why
    Witchy Woman
    Lyin’ Eyes
    Boys Of Summer
    In The City
    The Long Run
    No More Walks In The Wood
    Waiting In The Weeds
    No More Cloudy Days
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Best Of My Love
    Take It To The Limit
    Long Road Out Of Eden
    Walk Away
    One Of These Nights
    Life’s Been Good
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk #49
    Heartache Tonight
    Life In The Fast Lane

Encore #1:
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Take It Easy

Encore #2:
    All She Wants To Do Is Dance
    Desperado

I’m not going to go into this too much because it just makes me mad but we had dinner at the restaurant in the hotel and that nearly made us late to the concert. The service there was horrible. There were 7 of us at the table and only 4 of us got our food after 35 minutes of waiting. We complained and got the meal comped and was told that we could come back later after the concert or the next day and eat for free. They had 2 shuttle vans going back and forth from the venue so we piled into one and were dropped off right at the door. I knew that the guys wouldn’t start right on time and that we would have about an extra 10-15 minutes before they would be on stage. I was freaking out because we were running late and I DID NOT want to miss seeing 7BR. That is one of the highlights for me. Thankfully the line wasn’t too long and we got to our seats fairly quickly with about 5 minutes to spare before the lights went down. I would’ve loved to have been front row again but we can’t always get we want, you know. We were in the 6th row on Joe’s side right on the inside isle. It was a great view and I had plenty of room to do some dancing. I’d say that we were about 20 feet from the stage. I’ll give all the details that I can remember but I may skip a few songs if there wasn’t anything any different from what we’ve already heard/read from previous concerts.

Seven Bridges Road:
    The lights went down and the crowd was going crazy. I love how I can still tell who is who when they’re walking through the dark. Even though it’s just a second long, It’s so intense how that first chord starts when it’s still dark and the guys start into the song. It’s simply breath taking to hear/see it performed live. Joe was doing cute little foot stomps along with the beat of the drum. We got the shorter version this time but it was still amazing to see it again. Perfectly done!!

How Long:
    I love how they go right into this song after 7BR with barely a pause in between. I think it keeps the initial shock and awe going. I was a sad when they didn’t do Busy Being Fabulous next. Dang it!! I didn’t get to hear my favorite “Do do do doooo” part after Don sings “A little time in the country”. I love that song! They need to stop messing with my emotions because they put it in the set list then they take it out then they put it back on there then they take it out again. Ugh!! Come on guys!! Just leave it in the setlist…PLEASE!!

IDWTHA and GOC got some good applause but it didn’t seem like many people know the new songs so they didn’t get the proper applause that they deserved, imo. Hotel California finally got everybody on their feet and got a huge ovation afterward. Witchy Woman even got a response. I could hear a lot of people around me singing along.

Lyin Eyes:
    I have such a huge appreciation/adoration for this song now after the San Jose concert. I completely got lost in this song. I swayed in my seat and blocked out everybody else like I was the only one there. It was beautifully done. I did notice that Glenn didn’t add the barely heard “much” part after he sings “A rich old man and she won’t have to worry”. I like that part and wish he would’ve left it in.

Boys of Summer was a great chance to see Don front and center. I’ve always liked this song but the more I see it live it moves further up on my favorites list. I got a few pics of Glenn and Stuart slowly squatting down and then back up.

In The City is sooooo much better live. It never used to be a favorite till I saw them live for the first time in Tulsa back in 2008. Now I look forward to them doing this song. Joe really cranks it up during the guitar solo. He’s so cool.

Don did his usual speech before The Long Run about how they are gonna take a break so that we (the audience) can rest. I like how that still gets a good laugh. Btw, Glenn’s jokes got some good laughs too. Everything was pretty much the same during this song. I always love when Don does his cute little shuffle as if he’s running when he sings “Just keep on running, baby. Just a little bit faster now.” *sigh*

The second set started out like normal but I was so incredibly happy that they did Best Of My Love. I never thought that I would hear that song live. It was beautiful. The crowd was into it too. Everybody was singing along. I gave this one a standing ovation. Next was Take It To The Limit. I thought back to what Soda wrote about it during the recent Survivor game and I could totally feel everything that she was describing about that song. I wanted to stand up but everyone around me was sitting so I just swayed to the music and sang my heart out along with the guys and everyone else in the arena. The way the lights turn on the audience when they sing the chorus makes the song so much more memorable because it really gets the audience to be apart of the song.

LROOE, what can I say that I haven’t already said about this song before. IT ROCKS LIVE!!! Don’s vocals are so good and Joe’s guitar work is superb on this song. I could listen to Joe’s guitar solo over and over. I love it! I still can’t believe that this song is 10 minutes long. There’s so much to get into and enjoy that it doesn’t even seem to last a few minutes.

Walk away came next and everybody was on their feet. Joe cranks up the energy and really gets the crowd and the rest of the guys going when this song starts. I think you all will understand what I mean here, I love every song that they do during the concerts and I get into and really appreciate hearing and seeing them performing live right in front of me but it seems like the guys don’t completely loosen up until the second half, specifically when Joe starts to get more amped up with his solo hits. The audience and the rest of the guys really seem to feed off of his energy. I’m not saying the guys didn’t seem to be having a good time until then but they just really get into it at this point. They really seem to be having a lot of fun.

One of These Nights was gorgeous and sexy as ever. I heard a lady behind me say “Wow!!! I can’t believe they can still hit the high notes!”

Glenn did the intros next. Tim got a good round of applause. Glenn did a cute little dance when Tim introduced him. I think I got a couple of pics of that too. Don got a good response from the crowd but his applause got a little drowned out (in the section I was in at least) by chants of people yelling “JOE JOE JOE!!” Glenn introduced Joe as being born in Wichita and crowd went crazy. He got the loudest applause I’ve ever heard. Joe was walking towards the mic to intro his next song but turned around and started pulling out tissues from a box of Kleenex. Yup! I got pics of that too. He had all of the guys on stage laughing. Man those tissues went all over the place. Joe did his little speech about Life’s Been Good and dedicated it to Wichita.

Dirty Laundry came next. I had the camera ready for when the guys line up but there was no jumping this time. Joe did a couple of little jumps but the rest of the guys didn’t follow his lead and join him. They still smiled and laughed during that part though.

Funk 49 started and I was really disappointed that Glenn and Joe didn’t do the guitar duel before the song started. I think it’s such a fun and comical thing for them to do and they left it out!! The song still rocked and everybody was still on their feet throughout this song.

I like the bluesy music they play before Heartache Tonight but everybody was starting to sit down and I leaned over to Christi and told her “You watch!! These people have no idea what’s coming next and they are all gonna jump to their feet once they hear what this next song is!” I was right. The song started and everybody jumped up and clapped along to the beat. I love this song!! I was really excited to be hearing it live again because I’ve had this song on repeat a lot over the past few weeks. I always get stuck on one or two Eagles songs for a week or two and this was the one I’ve been stuck on.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Love these pics and stories.... and I read that fine print and I sure hope to death your video turns out!!!
    I'm working on it!!
    Last edited by Peekaboo; 07-06-2010 at 04:13 PM.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Here's a few more pics....

Ok, that's all for now. I've gotta hurry to work now.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Fabulous Jess! Love that last pic. Joe is looking right at you and his grin is so cute!

So Jess, was the new arena a good venue? I've never been there. Wondered about the acoustics and seating.

MikeA

You did it again. Thanks for putting up the review even if you weren't quite finished with it - I loved reading it. Can't wait to see the rest of these photos!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

You did an amazing job on those pics, Jess! Thanks for posting them so quickly!

Jess, what I should say.......... thank you so much for your fantastic review and the amazing photos! I really enjoy both!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)