Thread: Eagles Video on Netflix

Default Eagles Video on Netflix

Just finished watching a vid on Netflix (watch instantly) that must have been shot around 1998 (released in 2007) called "Eagles:California Nights:Interviews." The majority of the interviews were with Henley. He even did one with Whoopi Goldberg who opened her interview with Henley by talking about a concert they did at Carnegie Hall.

Coincidently, I just finished reading a bio on Elton John The Bitch Is Back by Mark Bego and in the book Bego related a story about that very same concert. Small world. Anyway, the concert was a benefit concert organized by Sting and Trudy to save the rainforest and included everyone from Pavarotti to Henley. It happened April 9, 1994. The author also talked about the duet Henley did with Elton on his 1993 Duets album called "Shakey Ground." Give it a read if you have the time.

Anyway if you have a Netflix account log on and enjoy the vid. It's a long one but wade through it as the last twenty minutes, when they interview all the guys in the band including Felder (I do miss him.) and J. D. Souther and Jackson Browne is a must see.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Default Re: Eagles Video on Netflix

I have that DVD. Got it at Walmart for about $10.00. I enjoyed Don's interview with Whoopi. Of course I love all of Glenn's !

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I have the DVD too. I think I bought it off of Amazon.

I got it off of Ebay. The only thing I didn't like about it was that some of the interviews were not there in total, but were just segments.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have it too, have a lot of stuff Eagle-related. Just finished the book, Hot Burritos - The True Story of the Flying Burrito Brothers, and the Eagles, Frey, Henley, Leadon, Meisner are prominently featured throughout it. Interesting read and has given me leads to several dvds, cds, videos and books about the early years.......if I've posted in the wrong thread again, sorry.....

I didn't know they were so prominently featured. Thanks for the info. I'll have to go check that book out!

BTW, for future reference, we do have a thread for Eagles books here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...ead.php?t=1031

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have it too, have a lot of stuff Eagle-related. Just finished the book, Hot Burritos - The True Story of the Flying Burrito Brothers, and the Eagles, Frey, Henley, Leadon, Meisner are prominently featured throughout it. Interesting read and has given me leads to several dvds, cds, videos and books about the early years.......if I've posted in the wrong thread again, sorry.....
    Yeah - I've got this DVD as well. While I enjoy it, as Soda said, I prefer watching the interviews in their entirity.

Thanks for the info about the Flying Burrito Brothers book. I'll have to check that one out since the Eagles get so much ink.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    Just finished watching a vid on Netflix (watch instantly) that must have been shot around 1998 (released in 2007) called "Eagles:California Nights:Interviews." The majority of the interviews were with Henley. He even did one with Whoopi Goldberg who opened her interview with Henley by talking about a concert they did at Carnegie Hall.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal
    I just received "California Nights Interviews" in the post this morning from Amazon, I've only just skipped throught it at the mo - but I will watch it in it's entirity tomorrow!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

CL, thanks! I'll be checking that out, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten