Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What song should have been an Eagles song?

Default Re: What song should have been an Eagles song?

love the song EK...I know who Delbert McClinton is but have never been into his stuff...I think our guys could do a great job with it...thanks for thinking of Timothy for lead...especially since it isn't a "love" song...I know I'm a little partial, but...I think he would be great on it...

I have a hard time with this thread...because I am so partial to our guys...I have no objectivity...I think they would do every song great!..I'd love to hear them do all kinds of songs...(ok maybe not rap).lol

got in my car and they were playing 'Fortunate Son' by CCR...I said to myself...this would be a great Eagles song!...I can totally hear them doing this one!

I couldn't see the Eagles doing "Love the One Your With" The guitar on that song is just not Eagles style, & SS voice is amazing on that song. I wouldn't want to change it at all.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    got in my car and they were playing 'Fortunate Son' by CCR...I said to myself...this would be a great Eagles song!...I can totally hear them doing this one!
    I can't. It could not be done by anybody except its author, John Fogerty. Nobody else could bring the rage it demands (it would not surprise me if Bruce Springsteen has done it; that doesn't make it right). I was lucky enough to see Fogerty play it. Also its lyrics are very much of the time when it was written. The Eagles could possibly do something like Bad Mon Rising or Who'll Stop The Rain.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I've thought of this in the past as a solo song for Glenn, but I think Timothy would do better with the lead on it. Last In Love, recorded by Nicolette Larson in 1978 (JD Souther recorded it a year later). It was, after all, written by JD and Glenn.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It's a favourite of mine & I could see Don singing it. Before I heard Glenn sing On The Way Home the idea of them doing songs like this never occurred to me.
    The fact that Glenn had mentioned the possibility of them doing some old covers probably helped me subconsciously think of reviving this thread. As far as Love the One You're With, I was actually thinking that Glenn or Tim voices would be better suited for it than Don's would. But, probably any of them could do justice to the song.

I actually like all of the suggestions, including Fortunate Son. To me, though, that one would definitely be best suited for Don. Of course, John Fogerty's will always be the definitive version of the song no matter who else does it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Teach Your Children Well by CSN.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I've been thinking on and off about this the last day or so and I honestly cannot think of even one song. Isn't that stupid? Eagle songs are Eagle songs and I just have a hard time thinking of them singing other peoples songs as a group even tho it's been done a couple of times.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I guess I'm one who thinks with all of the band's unique talents and voices that they could sing and play just about anything. Another one that I think would have been perfect for the Desperado album is Poco's Rose of Cimarron. Of course, Timothy owns the high lead part already and Glenn could totally do the other lead. I've said before - too bad they didn't write this one ... it would have been the ultimate complement to Bitter Creek.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7k0NZ4XidM[/ame]

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for posting, Dreamer - loved it! I need to go listen to more Poco... (see comment above - musical tastes expanding! ). Yes, I can imagine Glenn doing the other lead on it. But - I guess the Eagles couldn't write everything...

And awww, Tim's a real cutie here!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne