Page 60 of 300 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I guess I have gotten lucky with airport security when I have flown this year. The TSA people in Medford are all pretty friendly but I suspect that is because its a small airport and even at the busiest time of day its not exactly crowded. And LAX was the worst with really long, slow lines and ultra-paranoid security. I was really impressed with Denver's airport security this weekend - there were tons of people going through that place but there was hardly any wait in line at all because they seem to have a really efficient system.

I do carry a small laptop but I haven't had any issues so far however when I carried on my cpap on my LA trip they did have to take it aside and do a special test on it so this time I packed it inside my suitcase and checked my bag. On the way to Denver they apparently searched my bag (no doubt because of the cpap) although on the way home it went undisturbed.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I didn't take my cpap because I saw that I would have to take it out of the case and it was bad enough lugging the laptop around. I thought I would get better use out of the lap top. lol

I've traveled to a few "hot spots" in the Middle East and had to empty out carry-ons, but the worst time I ever had was when I was coming back from Colombia, South America, after doing some volunteer work in one of the villages.

I knew they were concerned about drug smuggling, so I was wearing shorts and a white tank top, figuring that would make it obvious I wasn't trying to hide anything in my clothes. Well, I was wrong.

They had a woman give me a VERY thorough pat down - including reaching under my shirt, into my bra, under my shorts and up the skin of my upper thighs all the way to the pantyline to make sure I didn't have anything hidden on my body (luckily panties were left alone). I get that they were just doing their job and perhaps a 20-something American girl traveling alone to Colombia and back was unusual, but DANG! I guess I should just be relieved there was no body cavity search!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I get patted down/personally scanned ALL THE TIME at airports. Even just in the UK. I have no idea why! But I often set the machine off, despite having taken all of my jewellery off. Once, I got taken into this little cupboard (I swear - it wasn't a small office, it was a cupboard) by two women at Bournemouth Airport. They patted me down and got me to lift up my top etc, until they finally decided that it was probably the poppers on my jeans and let me out. I haven't worn those jeans to an airport since.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    until they finally decided that it was probably the poppers on my jeans and let me out. I haven't worn those jeans to an airport since.

I'm thinking buttons right?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Well, they were these metal stud things around the pocket/belt area, some of which a little decorative strap would pop in to. I don't mean the actual fly buttons... the only way I can really describe them is poppers! lol.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Got ya!! It's probably what we would call studs or something. I see what you mean now. Sorry for assuming buttons.

Just heard from hubby. For the 3rd week in a row, someone has had a heart attack where he works. I'm really starting to worry about him even tho he's worked there for 15 years. That place has become so stressful and the last few weeks the heat's been almost unbearable (the exception today tho). The guy that had a heart attack last week, while driving a forklift nonetheless, is still in a coma and they aren't sure he will make it. Larry's bid into another job that he will hopefully get and he won't be in the same stressful department. Fingers crossed for that, especially now.

Oh no! Hope Larry's coworkers recover and, of course, that Larry himself doesn't get so stressed out he has health problems. Awful!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

If I end up getting patted down at one point, I hope it's by a female guard and not male.