Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Seattle 5-26-10

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Seattle 5-26-10

Wow Cami! So glad that this show was worth all of your efforts to get there. It sounds wonderful. So how many shows did you go to altogether? And how is your PEW after such an excellent adventure?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    So how many shows did you go to altogether?
    This is what I have been wondering too - I've got all confused and lost count!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    There is one thing I've been wanting to ask and would like to hear from you and Rhonda.... What was Rhonda's reaction when she found out about this whole adventure you had just been on? It struck me as so funny when you said you were texting/talking to her while you were at the airport and she didn't have a clue what you were up to.
    I'd planned to tell her about it back when the Portland concert was originally scheduled. But then they canceled the show and I know we were both so disappointed and somehow it felt like it would have been rubbing her nose in the fact that I was going to get to see them elsewhere. So I waited. I could barely wait to tell her when I got to her house last week and even if she says she was jealous I know she was happy for me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    So how many shows did you go to altogether? And how is your PEW after such an excellent adventure?
    Six in the last month... Sacramento, San Jose, Ontario, Chula Vista, Seattle, and Portland.

And the PEW was really bad when I first got home but all the interaction here and couple viewings of my various Eagles DVD's helped get me through it.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme
    even if she says she was jealous I know she was happy for me too!
    I do believe it was jawdropping shock then jealously followed by ecstatic jumping for joy to, awwww, a loving, happy for you, hug.
    Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    ... that about sums it up *G*

AND WOW 6 shows--I don't think my heart could of stood that much Eagles in 1 month---but it sure would have been a wonderful way to end!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, Cami! Just Wow! What a time you had just getting there! I'm glad the show made up for it!

So, why did you do all this by yourself? Or did you ask someone and they just couldn't do it so you said Heck with it, I'm going anyway?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for another fascinating detailed review, Cami! Cool that Taylor was there to see the old man play. I know it's already been said, but thanks for sharing the excitement of seeing all these shows with us!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So, why did you do all this by yourself? Or did you ask someone and they just couldn't do it so you said Heck with it, I'm going anyway?
    Honestly, I never even considered asking anyone because there was no one to ask. I don't have an S.O. and I knew it wouldn't be an option for Rhonda right now. I have learned over the years to dine out alone, go to the movies alone, and travel alone. I would love to have somebody to do this stuff with but then again there are advantages. No arguing over what to see, what to do, where to eat - well except with the little voices in my head...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I can see where you're coming from. I've been to several concerts by myself after racking my brain to find someone to go with me (my husband works out of town during the week). I'm still shocked that I've found someone to go to the St. Louis show with me! I've never gone that far by myself though!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Honestly, I never even considered asking anyone because there was no one to ask. I don't have an S.O. and I knew it wouldn't be an option for Rhonda right now. I have learned over the years to dine out alone, go to the movies alone, and travel alone. I would love to have somebody to do this stuff with but then again there are advantages. No arguing over what to see, what to do, where to eat - well except with the little voices in my head...
    I truly applaud you Cami! I also don't have a S.O. and one of my "10 things to do before I die" is to see The Eagles in concert - even if it means travelling all the way to The States on my own, but this seems to be looking less and less likely at the minute! Anyway......Well Done You!!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here