Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seattle 5-26-10

Border Desperado

Default Re: Seattle 5-26-10

I thought blue-eyed soul was a rather well-known term. I remember hearing it used to describe the Righteous Brothers when I was younger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-eyed_soul
    Last edited by tbsfan; 07-08-2010 at 07:56 AM.

I'm gonna change my screen name to ASS umption cuz it seems like I'm always ASSuming things that ain't true cuz I don't verify it before jumping the gun....sincerely yours, ASS umption
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

I've heard the term before, too, tbsfan.

For the curious, here's the literal eye rundown of the current Eagles with links to photos:

Don - blue

Joe - green

Tim - brown

Glenn - gray (this one's a bit controversial, as gray eyes often change in tint from bluish to brownish with different lighting and even different moods, similar to hazel eyes)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This whole thread is just freakin' cracking me up!!! Sorry I wasn't here earlier to settle the whole brown eyes thing!! Too funny!!

And somehow I just knew someone would find fault with the line from that review on the first page that I thought was spot on! But I'm sticking with my original post, I think it was a very good and accurate description of each of the guys!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    I thought blue-eyed soul was a rather well-known term. I remember hearing it used to describe the Righteous Brothers when I was younger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-eyed_soul

Blue-eyed soul (also known as white soul) is rhythm and blues or soul music performed by white artists.[1] The term was first used in the mid-1960s to describe white artists who performed soul and R&B that was similar to the music of the Motown and Stax record labels.

The term continued to be used in the 1970s and 1980s, particularly by the British music press, to describe a new generation of white singers who adopted elements of classic soul music. To a lesser extent, the term has been applied to singers in other music genres that are influenced by soul music, such as urban music and hip-hop soul.
    Thanks tbsfan! I'd never heard that before!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'd heard that before, it was merely MY ignorance and not being observant(which you all should be used to by now)that leads me to make STUPID remarks that brings all the wrath down on me.

Does it bother me that you all always have to correct my ASSumptions(hell yes, lol). Not at all, my skin is thick(like my head).

So now that we have that cleared up, I will say they all have blue or green eyes EXCEPT Tim!!!!
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

I always try to check and make sure I have my facts straight before posting. Nobody's perfect and sometimes we'll still mess up, but fact-checking sure cuts down on the number of corrections as well as the number of subsequent posts one has to make further discussing one's mistakes.

Out on the Border

Killer pics Eve! Many thanks for sharing them...I wish I had tried to sneak my camera in.....

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Welcome Eishbeadtwo!! Why don't you give us a little review about the concert the other night. We here, all love to hear everyone's take on the concerts!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Welcome from me, too! Did you like the show?