Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ontario, CA 5-22-10

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: Ontario, CA 5-22-10

CL--I totally agree with you favorite-mine too!! But I will agree, Joe is looking very rock starish in that picture, from head to toe-the hair, the jeans, the tshirt, the wrist band....WOW.

CL--once again thanks for always sharing all your experiences with us!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Talking Re: Ontario, CA 5-22-10

I must admit, although Joe is not my type, I do love the new look-especially the longer hair. But, TimmyB has my heart.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Sorry this took me so long but I managed to catch a cold and have been off kilter for the last couple of days...

Ontario was the first show on my concert odyssey last week. I ended up in the 5th row center courtesy of Carol-lyn (thanks again ). The venue looked like every other arena I have been in lately though this one was exceptionally warm, at least up front. The guys were in a fun mood and did a lot of joking with the audience and each other. I always love to see that because it just makes the show that much better.

Don was wearing a light colored button down shirt and jeans. Timothy had on a lovely silky black shirt and reddish-brown jeans. Joe wore a stripped jacket over a black tee with silver chevron and blue jeans. He later lost the jacket (and gave us a look at those wonderful forearms of his that make me weak in the knees). Glenn started out the night in a plaid shirt over a white tee and jeans. However after the intermission he came back out wearing the pink shirt we all love seeing him in (and he looked fantastic in it as always!). And then at the end he lost the overhsirt all together and was just in his tee...

After 7BR and How Long, Glenn did the assisted living tour bit. Before they sang Lyin Eyes Glenn talked about Dan Tana's and how they used to do everything fast when they were young. He also used the plaintiff dedication for it though I would have sworn this was the only time in the four shows I was at last week (I don't remember it at Chula Vista even though one of the reviews said he did use it). He also told us the story of taking waltzing lessons at Arthur Murray as a boy and that the next song (TITTL) was a waltz.

Tim did seem a little tired when when it was his turn to speak but his voice was strong when he sang and he looked good even though he seemed a bit thinner than usual.

Don seemed to be in an especially chipper mood that night and when he was intro-ing Long Run he mentioned the fact that they had been in Ontario for CalJam back in 1977 and then he looked out audience and said "we are going to do one more song" and paused, grinned and said "that's it, just one more song". Then he laughed and told us that they would be back to play a long time after taking a break.

Joe seemed to be having a good time on stage and it showed in his playing. He really rocked In the City and especially on Walk Away (I never get tired of hearing him do that song). When he intro'd LBGTM he joked that it started out as love song that went nuclear on him. And when he and Glenn had their guitar duel before Funk 49 they were both very animated.

I had a great time at this show. I had an excellent seat, a great view of all the guys, and they were having a good time with each other and the audience. It was an auspicious start to my week of Eagles.

Sadly I did not get a lot of pictures. My poor slightly elderly camera couldn't adjust to the light very well so most of the pictures came out blurry but I did get a few and I have linked them here. Happy to say I got one of Glenn in each of his shirts and of Joe both with and sans jacket. *G*

Cami's Ontario Photos
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 06-04-2010 at 02:40 AM.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Awesome review Cami!! and I love the pictures!! *G* Joe +T-shirt - jacket = *G* thankee much!!!!

Ah, so glad to see your review - I've been looking forward to hearing details about your odyssey! And those 12 photos you put up were really good. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us! Can't wait to read more!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Oh wow Cami - you are definitely my heroine this week. I am so glad you followed your heart (and the guys) to see all these shows. You are a lucky girl and I know the past month or so will give you a lifetime full of memories. Thanks again for the awesome review and pictures. Can't wait for more!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I loved your review too WT. I guess there's enough Joe to go around.!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Cami

Pix were great. Especially the one of Henley who seemed to be looking right at you.

Carol-Lynn

Great photos, I have enjoyed to read this review (the other reviews of you also)!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Another great review and more wonderful pictures Cami - Thank You So Much!!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here