Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Crosby, Stills & Nash

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Crosby, Stills & Nash

Troub I'm glad to hear you had a great evening! Well deserved! And front row had to have been awesome! Can't wait to hear more!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    That was so sweet of you, Cathy! Thanks. I am just dropping in quickly before I go to sleep to say that the concert last night was absolutely out of this world... I was front row, just to the right of center, in front of David Crosby, and I was just in heaven the entire night. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately but, as some of you know, things have been really stressful and crazy with work... I desperately needed this concert. I will post a proper review when I get the chance, but I just wanted to say that all three guys sounded amazing and that I did get quite a lot of love from the stage (as PM would say!) Lots of looks and smiles, especially from Crosby who was right in front of me the whole time. The best part was near the end when we were standing at the stage. Graham Nash came over and a couple of guys were reaching their hands up to him. He shook them and then moved over to shake my hand. He leaned right over as he squeezed my hand and smiled at me and said "How are you?" I replied with "I'm good, thanks" and gave him a smile. Aaaaahhhhh. It was just the icing on the cake after such an amazing concert. I wish I could live it over and over. Believe me when I say I will be hanging onto these memories throughout this week... They closed with Suite: Judy Blue Eyes, which was absolutely perfect.

Now, if I can only work out a way to go to Graham's book signing in London on Wednesday afternoon...
    I'm delighted you had such a great night Troub! You deserved a bit of sunshine after the last few weeks that you have had.

And I've TOLD you how to get to the signing. You WILL be there!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Don't ask how I managed to wrangle the afternoon off (I wouldn't normally do something like this, but I kind of feel like the school hasn't helped me at all and I am leaving anyway in a couple of weeks, so y'know...) but Graham did a signing today in east London and I went along. It was in a cool record store with a little table at the back of the shop and there were about fifteen/twenty people there - mostly blokes! The conversation went something like this:

Graham: [taking my hand] Hello, love. How are you? I'm Graham.
    Me: [thinking "I KNOW!!"] Hi Graham. I'm great thanks. I'm Louise.
    Graham: Millie?
    Me: [laughing] No - Louise.
    Graham: Oh! Sorry, Louise. And would you like the book signed to you, love?
    Me: Yes please!
    Graham: So, are you coming to the show tonight?
    Me: Unfortunately not.
    Graham: That's a shame, love. (I am not exaggerating with the 'love' thing! He said it after every sentence.) There you go. Oh hang on, let me dot your 'i'. [He took back my book and put a dot above the 'i' in Louise.]
    Me: [laughing] How did you know I was a teacher?
    Graham: [laughing] Are you? Fantastic. Lucky kids!
    He handed the book to me and I said thank you. I then asked if it was okay if the staff member from the shop took a photo. He said "Of course" and I leaned down a bit closer to him and the shop woman took a couple of pics on my phone. Then I took the phone back, turned to him and said "thank you so much" and he took my hand again, said "you're welcome love, it was great to meet you" and then I went on my merry way! (I later fell over in the street and got picked up by a City banker, but that's another story... )

It was short but sweet. Really informal and relaxed. I am kicking myself that I didn't mention the Bournemouth show (especially after he asked if I was coming to the show tonight) but I am just so thrilled that I finally got to meet him properly and that I have pictures and a personalised book to keep forever. The photos are the best part. I will treasure these!

EDIT: Pics deleted for privacy!
    Last edited by Troubadour; 10-12-2013 at 07:50 PM.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, Troub, that is just amazing! And your pics are fabulous! Lucky, lucky you! I'm so glad you got to go! What a thrill!

.....love!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Amazing Lou! I'm delighted that his got the chance to do this. You both look great.

Now, about the banker.... Was he cute, rich, single.... All of the above.....?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

LOL! The banker was middle-aged (not that I have a problem with that usually ) and so not fanciable... but he did pick me up almost immediately and checked I was okay. He then laughed and told me I wouldn't be playing any football this weekend. Oh, the mortification... At least I didn't trip in front of Graham!

So cool! Thanks for the recap and pics!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Wow! How great for you! Can you answer a question for me; with Graham saying 'love' so much, does that mean he still has an English accent? He hasn't lived there for decades!

His accent is a bit of a transatlantic mix - I would say it's still Mancunian on the whole, but you can tell he's lived in America for a long time.

Funnily enough, at the concert he joked about that very thing. Crosby had started to imitate David Gilmour during a song intro (because he had been talking to him earlier in the day) and Graham teased Crosby with "Oh no, don't do an English accent. Even I can't do one!" It got some laughter.

Argh! I can't believe you didn't tell him you were at the Bournemouth show, silly girl! Great photos and I look forward to your review!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.