May is what I call ‘Solo Album Release’ month because it is the only month of the year in which all four current Eagles released a solo album. I thought we could use this opportunity to experiment with a new game for one of these solo albums. This game is similar to the Survivor game in that all the songs on the album will be eliminated until there is only one standing. However, since many fans aren’t familiar with a lot of the guy’s solo work, it is not practical to play a Survivor game for any of these albums. So we’ll give this a shot and see how it works out. I am choosing Glenn’s ‘No Fun Aloud’ since it was the most commercially successful and probably has the most recognizable songs of any of the other albums released this month. We’ll see how this goes, and if we have enough participation, then we may try it again for some of the other guy’s solo albums.

This will be an incarnation of other ‘Elimination’ games played on a lot message boards, but I have modified the rules to try to make the game move more quickly. Every song will begin the game with 10 points. Each time you post, you will select one song to add one point to and one other song to subtract two points from. When a song reaches zero (0) it is eliminated from the game. Anyone can play at anytime except you must allow at least two other players to post before you can play again. Before you post, first check the previous player’s post to make sure they tallied the score correctly in their post. If it is necessary to make a correction, clearly state why you are doing so in your post. Then, list the song that you are giving a point to and the song that you are subtracting two points from. You must then copy all of the songs in play from the previous post to your post and revise the tally to reflect your vote. The game ends once there is only one song remaining. Here’s an example:

Songs in the game:

Song A – 10
Song B – 10
Song C – 10
Song D – 10
Song E – 10

Player 1

Song B: +1
Song E: –2

===========

Song A – 10
Song B – 11
Song C – 10
Song D – 10
Song E – 8

Player 2

Song C: +1
Song E: –2

===========

Song A – 10
Song B – 11
Song C – 11
Song D – 10
Song E – 6

Player 3

Song E: +1
Song A: –2

===========

Song A – 8
Song B – 11
Song C – 11
Song D – 10
Song E – 7

Again, anyone can join in and play at any point in the game as long as you allow two players to post in between yours.. So let’s begin and hope everyone has fun with it. Here are the songs on ‘No Fun Aloud’:

I Found Somebody – 10
The One You Love – 10
Partytown – 10
I Volunteer – 10
I’ve Been Born Again – 10
Sea Cruise – 10
That Girl – 10
All Those Lies – 10
She Can’t Let Go – 10
Don’t Give Up – 10

If you need to refresh your memory for some of the songs on this album, then pull out your NFA CD and get busy listening. In addition, Soda has most of the album’s songs available for download on GFO. You can find them on The Grand Index of Multimedia Downloads page, Unfortunately, the beautiful I Volunteer and That Girl, as well as, Don’t Give Up aren’t there, nor could I find them anywhere on YouTube.