Page 56 of 136 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

That was a shocking incident. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Zelda, where are you? Your Sabres, my Pens! Let's go Penguins!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Zelda, where are you? Your Sabres, my Pens! Let's go Penguins!!
    ugh! I'm here... and not very happy. I blame my great neice for the loss. She will be 15 on Sun. Last week I was at her house and she told me her mother got her tickets for the Penguins game for her birthday present because she now loves Sidney Crosby!... can you imagine my shock? This girl has been well indoctrinated as a Sabre fan since she was a baby and now this? I said to her "Does this mean you're not a Sabre fan anymore?" She said No...I said to her "does this mean Thomas Vanek isn't your favorite any more?" She said No... but I think Sidney Crosby is sexy. I almost died!... So I blame her for the loss tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    ugh! I'm here... and not very happy. I blame my great neice for the loss. She will be 15 on Sun. Last week I was at her house and she told me her mother got her tickets for the Penguins game for her birthday present because she now loves Sidney Crosby!... can you imagine my shock? This girl has been well indoctrinated as a Sabre fan since she was a baby and now this? I said to her "Does this mean you're not a Sabre fan anymore?" She said No...I said to her "does this mean Thomas Vanek isn't your favorite any more?" She said No... but I think Sidney Crosby is sexy. I almost died!... So I blame her for the loss tonight.
    The game was tied in the first period when I posted. It was very stressful to listen to (I listen on XM when they aren't nationally televised). Everyone here in Capitals-land is very happy, which actually makes me kinda nauseous. I'm glad to hear that your niece is on the right track!!! I imagine to a 15-yr old, Sid is sexy. Not to mention the best hockey player in the world...
    VK

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

I've already checked VA, and there are two sports bars withing walking distance of our Atlanta hotel. You'll be all set for the playoffs.

'Walking distance' is key! Now I just need to hope the games aren't on May 2 and May 4. And if the sports bars won't cooperate, the playoffs are streamed live on Verizon Wireless smartphones!!
    VK

Hi VK Are you getting nervous about tonight's game? They have been talking about it for awhile this afternoon on our sports station...You ( Penguins) are definitely the good guys in this series...talk to you later. Zelda

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    Hi VK Are you getting nervous about tonight's game? They have been talking about it for awhile this afternoon on our sports station...You ( Penguins) are definitely the good guys in this series...talk to you later. Zelda
    Very nervous! I've got the attire planned out, even though I'm not going anywhere. The drinks are ready to be made (playoffs and Flyers require more than wine, we need the hard stuff for this!) The recorder is set to turn on just in case. I'm as ready as I can be... Go Pens!!
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Very nervous! I've got the attire planned out, even though I'm not going anywhere. The drinks are ready to be made (playoffs and Flyers require more than wine, we need the hard stuff for this!) The recorder is set to turn on just in case. I'm as ready as I can be... Go Pens!!
    I never like going anywhere to watch Sabres playoff games...way too nervous...that's the only good thing about watching the games tonight...no nerves! Zelda

I AM NOT HAPPY
    VK