Page 15 of 136 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

Finally, after 26 years, the Milwaukee Brewers have made it into the playoffs!

I know there's no crying in baseball, but I shed a few this past weekend watching the team celebrate their win. It's a very exciting time for us!

Tomorrow night, we head to Philly! Go Brew Crew!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well Good Luck to your team Molly and safe travelling!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Chicago White Sox finally clenched it last night. First time since 1908, I think, that both Chicago baseball teams have made it to post season play at the same time!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm a big Nascar fan, so, Congrats to Carl Edwards for closing the gap On Jimmie Johnson in the chase for the sprint cup.

Yesterday's triumph by Lewis Hamilton is a massive achievement. This guy started life on a housing estate in a run of the mill town in middle England, but thanks to the dedication of his father, who recognised his talent, and worked overtime to help him achieve his ambition, he has become world champion.

Here he is at the age of ten, starting out!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

How adorable! (Both now and then!) I'm so thrilled for him.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I'm a big fan of the University of Illinois Fighting Illini men's basketball team and I'd like to congratulate them on winning their first Big 10 conference game last night. They beat the Purdue Boilermakers 71-67 in overtime! (Sorry Soda)

Congratulations Fighting Illini !!!!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

I just thought of something I should have mentioned at Christmas. Liverpool are top of the Premier League. No team who has been top at Christmas has failed to go on and win it. I have very high hopes this time but there is a long way to go. There is also the Champions League. I'd like to see a repeat of 2005 (although not as agonising as that was).

Edit: I just re-read this thread. Some of my posts have been quite amusing. I seem to like posting this crest with the slightest excuse.

I just thought of something else. South Africa just defeated the Australian cricket team 2-0. Unpatriotic as this may sound, I have no time for Australia's cricketers, an arrogant, selfish and unsporting bunch, particularly their obnoxious captain Ricky Ponting. South Africa thoroughly deserved their victory.
    Last edited by Freypower; 01-01-2009 at 06:55 PM.

I'm a big fan of college football and my beloved University of Oklahoma Sooners are the number 1 team in the nation. They will be playing the Florida Gators in the national championship game on Jan. 8. I can't wait!!! I'm so excited because i'm actually off of work that night and will get to watch the game. GO SOONERS!!!!

~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

PB - I, too, am an avid football fan. However, sadly, I can't be rooting for your Sooners.

But I am ecstatic that my beloved Miami Dolphins are the NFL AFC East Champions and will be playing the Baltimore Ravens in the first round of the playoffs on Sunday. Of course, I very much want them to win, but if they don't, there is no way that you can declare this season as anything other than a huge success for them. For those of you who don't know, this team is one of the most successful sports franchises ever. However, the last few years, the team had uncharacteristically fallen on hard times. But after an offseason overhall in personnel, they became only the second team in NFL history to make a 10-game improvement in one season. They went from a 1-15 record last year to an 11-5 record this year. Hopefully, they can make history again and win a few more games in the playoffs..

Congratulations Miami Dolphins!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016