Page 133 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

As promised - a highlight reel of famous Walker's famous 'Murrayisms'!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0TZ_YLQSgg

Also amusing is this old advert for Pizza Hut from the mid-1990s, which features Murray and Damon Hill. I've also posted the video of the outtakes from the advert, which I think is even funnier!

Advert:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rKhCeHlULM

Outtakes:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nafnclzeOYo

EDIT: On a vaguely related note, I've just remembered one of my favourite pieces of commentary from the late darts commentator Sid Waddell. After one particularly outstanding performance, Waddell sagely observed:

'There's only one word for that. Magic darts!'

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

The Cubs are going to the World Series!!!!! That was such an amazing game to watch last night. For those that don't know the Cubs used to have a "curse" going back to 1945 when a fan got angry he couldn't go to the game with his billy goat and he said the Cubs would never go to the World Series again. It took them 71 years but they're finally going back to the World Series!!! They're going to play the Cleveland Indians too and they haven't won a World Series since 1948, while the Cubs' last WS win was 1908. So either way it's going to be a fantastic series.

I'm so happy for my brother, my friends that are Cubs fans, and all the Cubs fans. They've waited so long for this. I actually started crying when they won because I was so happy for them. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Very pleased to see Shakey Byrne win British Superbikes. There's some life in the old codgers yet.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    The Cubs are going to the World Series!!!!! That was such an amazing game to watch last night. For those that don't know the Cubs used to have a "curse" going back to 1945 when a fan got angry he couldn't go to the game with his billy goat and he said the Cubs would never go to the World Series again. It took them 71 years but they're finally going back to the World Series!!! They're going to play the Cleveland Indians too and they haven't won a World Series since 1948, while the Cubs' last WS win was 1908. So either way it's going to be a fantastic series.

I'm so happy for my brother, my friends that are Cubs fans, and all the Cubs fans. They've waited so long for this. I actually started crying when they won because I was so happy for them. LOL
    I've always liked the Cubs because I grew up watching some of their games on WGN. I'm super excited to see them in the World Series. Hopefully, they can win it all!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I've always liked the Cubs because I grew up watching some of their games on WGN. I'm super excited to see them in the World Series. Hopefully, they can win it all!
    I hope so too!!! I remember watching the games on WGN too and back in the 90s when Harry Caray was still alive and calling the games. I oddly remember doing a lot of my homework after school as my brother watched a day game.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I was very pleased with this weekend's football results - Liverpool beat West Bromwich Albion 2-1 (a team who have often caused us problems in the last few years) which takes us joint top of the league, while my other team Tranmere Rovers also won 3-0.

I am also happy to say that Jose Mourinho's first return to Chelsea as Manchester United manager went well. For Chelsea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...tball/37670362

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    I was very pleased with this weekend's football results - Liverpool beat West Bromwich Albion 2-1 (a team who have often caused us problems in the last few years) which takes us joint top of the league, while my other team Tranmere Rovers also won 3-0.

I am also happy to say that Jose Mourinho's first return to Chelsea as Manchester United manager went well. For Chelsea.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...tball/37670362
    Didn't it. Not so special now, is he?!

Congratulations to the Cubs!

GO CUBS!!!!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I hope so too!!! I remember watching the games on WGN too and back in the 90s when Harry Caray was still alive and calling the games. I oddly remember doing a lot of my homework after school as my brother watched a day game.
    I'm too young to remember Harry Caray, but I grew up watching his son and grandson, Skip (RIP) and Chip announce the Atlanta Braves games. Chip is still announcing the Braves games alongside Joe Simpson.
    My mom likes to watch almost any baseball game no matter what teams are playing, so since WGN aired both Cubs and White Sox games, I saw a lot of their games in the early 2000s (around the time of Sammy Sosa's heyday.) I spent a lot of weekday afternoons mostly listening to ball games while doing homework at the kitchen table.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I'm too young to remember Harry Caray, but I grew up watching his son and grandson, Skip (RIP) and Chip announce the Atlanta Braves games. Chip is still announcing the Braves games alongside Joe Simpson.
    My mom likes to watch almost any baseball game no matter what teams are playing, so since WGN aired both Cubs and White Sox games, I saw a lot of their games in the early 2000s (around the time of Sammy Sosa's heyday.) I spent a lot of weekday afternoons mostly listening to ball games while doing homework at the kitchen table.
    I remember Skip and Chip too as before Harry died they used to come a lot when the Braves were in town, and then Chip did the Cubs games for awhile with Steve Stone after Harry died. I too remember the Sammy Sosa days and that home run chase, which is tainted now. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~