Page 13 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

I know what you mean about the women's volleyball! The guys wear board shorts and t's. You would think the women could wear something not quite so revealing! I can't imagine hopping around all over the place with such skimpy outfits on! I commented on this to my husband and he said "but that's what they wear. It's tradition!"

As for the men's swimming outfits.....I know what you mean there, too! I seriously thought it might get x-rated there, too! The way Phelps was jumping around and had pulled the straps down on his suit! I caught a glimpse of an Olympic rings tatoo!

I loved that May/Walsh won the gold in volleyball and Shawn Johnson finally got a gold on the beam. What a smile she had! Nastia Liukin was so graceful, too.

And the Jamaican, Bolt, and the Jamaican girl runner (sorry, her name escapes me) were awesome!

Congrats to all the performers. They are all amazing, actually.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well if swimming burns off 10,000 calories a day girls, heigh ho, heigh ho, its off to the pool I go.......

No, seriously all those who have competed in the Olympics are worthy of honourable mention.

3 Irish boxers have qualified for their respective semi-finals tomorrow, so they are at least assured Bronze medals. We aren't called the 'fightin' Irish' for nothing!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GA, congrats to the Irish on a silver and two bronzes. We watched the closing ceremony this afternoon. I thought the British part wasn't too bad - Boris Johnson managed not to drop the Olympic flag and getting Jimmy Page was quite a coup, and Leona Lewis was pretty good on 'Whole Lotta Love', even if she had to change the lyrics! Becks managed to floor someone with his football kick, but they seemed to be ok.

Back home 'in Blighty' there was a bit of a party going on in London, and somehow Michael Phelps made an appearance, just as the Red Arrows did a flypast. (I'm hoping to see the Red Arrows next weekend http://www.dartmouthregatta.co.uk/airshow8.html). I just hope Team Britain can keep up the momentum.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

They haven't aired the closing ceremonies here yet, but I thought of Freypwer when I saw the Aussie platform diver pull off that huge upset over the Chinese last night for the gold medal! Everybody thought the Chinese were unbeatable in diving.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Matthew Mitcham was probably our most surprising gold medallist apart from Steve Hooker, the pole vaulter.

I didn't see the closing ceremony but I'm glad Pagey was there (but as for changing the lyrics of Whole Lotta Love.... NO!) and thank goodness Boris (Bo Jo)didn't drop the flag. I can see the who's who of British rock they might get to open London. A jam featuring McCartney, Starr, the remaining Who, Stones and Zeppelin members? Actually Sir Elton will probably do something. He is a natural for this sort of event.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

My beloved Chicago Cubs won another game last night putting them up in their division by 7 games. To make it even sweeter, the star pitcher, Carlos Zambrano, pitched a no hitter, the first one for the Cubs since 1976. They haven't won a World Series since 1908, at the risk of jinxing them, maybe this is finally the year!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Sorry TBF, but anybody but the Cubs is the motto of this huge St. Louis Cardinals fan.

< ducking and running >

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I understand Brooke--same motto in this household, except in reverse!!! My husband has 2 favorite teams-The Cubs and whoever is playing St Louis, you ought to hear him rant about Tony LaRussa, personally, I have always liked him but don't tell Larry.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I understand Brooke--same motto in this household, except in reverse!!! My husband has 2 favorite teams-The Cubs and whoever is playing St Louis, you ought to hear him rant about Tony LaRussa, personally, I have always liked him but don't tell Larry.
    Tony confuses us at times, too, but he's got a great record with the Cardinals, so I guess he must know something. It seems this year he has wasted many of our great players by not coming up with some pitching though.

Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs for clinching the National League Central title!

I know Willie's happy, along with hubby and my Mom!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.