Page 126 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

Fernando Alonso is out for this weekend's race & probably out for China as well. No one is sure what type of qualifying is going to be in place for Saturday. Let's hope no turbo fires on the #7 Ferrari.

Final 4 weekend, not going to watch, can't win it every year but my boys did win last year.

Hear West Ham is going after Renaldo but so are Chelsea & Man U. Can't see him going to Man U with Rooney & please just not Chelsea or Arsenal. They always win.

BASEBALL STARTS ON SUNDAY!!!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I hope Fernando makes a good recovery, the announcement was the first I'd heard of the injury. Even so, compared to the injuries he could have sustained in that shocking crash he did manage to get off quite lightly. I also wish Kimi better luck this weekend, I think he can do well this weekend as the Bahrain circuit seems to suit him - he's come second in three of the last four races, and came very close to winning last year's GP. I want Lewis to win but Kimi would be my preferred winner if Hamilton can't.

Liverpool return to action against title hopefuls Tottenham this weekend, although the games I'm really excited about the Europa matches against Borussia Dortmund. I feel that Dortmund are German football's equivalent of Liverpool and hopefully there should be a great atmosphere at both games.

I'd read that West Ham were interested in Zlatan Ibrahimovic, which would be interesting. Given his age (34) and his status as a free agent this summer, I'd be very surprised if he joined a team that was not in the Champions League season. I'd be interested to see him play in English football (as long as he doesn't join Manchester United).

I'm going to Tranmere Rovers' home game against Welling tomorrow, we still have a chance of going up if we finish top five and make the play-offs. It will be quite an emotional game this weekend as it was announced yesterday that our legendary former manager Johnny King, who took us from the old Fourth Division to the play-offs for promotion to the Premier League in the 1990s, had passed away at the age of 77. Hope we can celebrate his life with a win.

I am very new to English football, my son did mention West Ham possibly getting Zlatan which would be a HUGE get for us especially going into a new stadium next season.I am pretty much anybody but Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea.

My son is trying to get us tickets to see a game this summer when English League teams come over & play against the MLS.

Mercedes has just been too dominate these past few years. It really gets to the point that by the summer come around I pretty much Ted's Notebook the entire weekend. Why bother wasting 3 hours when you know it is Mercedes 1-2.

My son really thinks Fernando quits now. Watching FP2 right now.

Stuck on the Border

So you support West Ham jms? As you can probably tell JCL & I support Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    So you support West Ham jms? As you can probably tell JCL & I support Liverpool.

To be perfectly honest I only chose West Ham because of the bubbles! Have their game on right now but have to switch over to F1 qualifying soon.
    My son is a Newcastle fan.

Border Desperado The Disco Strangler's Avatar

The Masters is this week!

My fantasy picks are ready to go. Woot!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Opening day for my Atlanta Braves . The Braves open the season this afternoon at home against one of their rivals, the Washington Nationals.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

It's Opening Day for my teams too and I'm currently flipping back and forth between the Giants and Reds games.

And HB, I saw your post in the other thread and it is weird Tim Lincecum being a free agent, and now watching the Giants without him.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Yes, Buffy - I am still floored by that news. He is young so I hope he can recover quickly and get back on the mound. I wish the Astros would pick him up before another team grabs him. I guess everyone will wait until he is fully recovered.

Speaking of the Nationals AB, while in FL in March I went to a Detroit Tigers game (I love spring training!). They were playing the Nationals and their 3rd base coach's last name was Henley. I took several photos of the back of his shirt.

Lincecum's arm is shot. He was brought up too soon. If he was healthy the Dodgers would have been all over him sadly they aren't.