Page 120 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

Ireland beat France yesterday in the Rugby World Cup!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhh, c'mon Ireland!!!
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, back to baseball! My Cards go for game 3 in the NLDS against the dreaded Cubs tonight...

GO CARDS!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I still find it hard to believe that the Cubs are in the playoffs. Maybe one day, they'll break that over century year old Championship drought. I must admit that I'm not keeping up with the playoffs much, since my Braves sucked big time this year.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Ireland beat France yesterday in the Rugby World Cup!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhh, c'mon Ireland!!!
    Good for them. I hope they go all the way. I really don't care about the Australian team.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Interesting times at Liverpool FC - a few hours after a 1-1 draw in the Merseyside derby with Everton, and after a generally uninspiring if not disastrous start to the season, Brendan Rodgers was sacked. The performance and result were not that bad, but I believe the decision had been taken before the game, in part because the owners knew the international break was coming up giving the new manager more time to get to know the club before his first match.

A number of names were linked to the job before it was announced to that the job would go to the former Borussia Dortmund boss Jurgen Klopp, who guided his old club to back-to-back German league titles in 2011 and 2012 as well as the 2013 Champions League final. He is also quite a character! This list gives some idea of the sort of things he likes to say...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...manager-quotes

Although I think the sacking of Rodgers could have been handled better (as a club, Liverpool traditionally does not sack its managers during the season), I am delighted with the appointment, I think he's easily the best manager we've brought in since Rafa Benitez. Unlike Rodgers, he has a history of winning; unlike Roy Hodgson he has won trophies in a competitive league (the German Bundesliga is vastly superior to the Swedish and Danish competitions Hodgson won titles in) and unlike Kenny Dalglish when he was appointed, he has been active and successful in recent years. On first impressions, he seems to understand the club and how the fans feel. His debut will be away to Tottenham this weekend, I'll be fascinated to see what kind of start we get off to under the new man.

The England national football (soccer) team made it through their group in the European Championship qualifiers with a 100% record, with 10 wins. However, I harbour no hope for them at the tournament proper in 2016 as long as Roy Hodgson is at the helm. I just find his approach to be really negative and cautious, it works in weak leagues or at clubs like Fulham and West Brom who were only expected to avoid relegation, but he set Blackburn on course for relegation, was awful at Liverpool and delivered England's worst World Cup performance in living memory last year (bottom of the group with one point from three games).

Stuck on the Border

Klopp endeared himself to everyone when he said he was 'the Normal One'. Take that Jose! I wish him success.

Well, last night's Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints game was a bust for this Falcons fan. The Saints won 31-21.

The Falcons didn't bring their "A" game, and they made some terrible mistakes/blunders that cost them the game. Twice they got within 15 yards of a touchdown, only to fumble the ball with the saints recovering the ball. Matt Ryan(Falcons quarterback) was sacked 4 or 5 times, which cost us dearly. The defense was good, but not good enough. There were a couple of missed calls as well, and penalties that hurt us.

I think that the Falcons thought that the game would be an easy win when for them because of how badly the Saints have played this year. If there's one thing I've learned about the Saints over the years, it'd to never count them out when they're playing at home. The Saints played well and it showed.

I'm calling the game "the butterfingers and penalties game" because that's what it was.
    -Kim-

Agree, AG, the Saints definitely had home field advantage, and it worked like a charm for the team and the Who Dat Nation. Once again, they proved to be the tight unit that I missed seeing in the previous games, and I am very happy with the outcome. We had to win last night in the 'Dome to stay in competition for the season. 'Bless you boys' for a great night of football.
    Geaux Saints!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

The NLCS starts tonight with the Cubs going up against my NY Mets!

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Agree, AG, the Saints definitely had home field advantage, and it worked like a charm for the team and the Who Dat Nation. Once again, they proved to be the tight unit that I missed seeing in the previous games, and I am very happy with the outcome. We had to win last night in the 'Dome to stay in competition for the season. 'Bless you boys' for a great night of football.
    Geaux Saints!
    My Falcons are 5-1, so we definitely have a good shot at the playoffs. (Dare I hope for a superbowl appearance? ) I hope that the Falcons learn from their mistakes, and don't make them again against other teams. We play the Tennessee Titans next week. The Falcons have a pretty easy schedule for the rest of the year. They need to take advantage of that.

As for today, Go UGA Bulldogs! (Uni. Of Georgia). Beat Missouri!
    -Kim-