Page 107 of 136 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1351

Thread: Sporting Sensations

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Sporting Sensations

Anyone who follows football and hockey would know I'm the happiest fan in the world right now!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

An early birthday present!

HB, you know I'm cheering for your boys today!
    VK

We came thru for y'all VA!!

I saw that, HB! WooHoo! Now we need to beat Cincy next Sunday, and we'll win the division. If we don't win and stay 5th seed, I might have to make a trip to Indy to watch that game. We'll see how it goes.
    VK

And the Texans still have a chance to be in the playoffs! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! It would be a great way to start 2015!!

My sister bought excellent tickets to the Steeler/Cincy game this evening and offered me one... Because I have to be at work tomorrow, I had to decline. Even with the rain, it would be a great game to attend.... Kinda bummed.
    VK

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

The two main sports I follow are football and Formula One.

My main football teams are Liverpool and Tranmere Rovers. I went to see Tranmere play Northampton Town yesterday, they've been struggling a bit in League Two (the bottom division of the Football League) this season and have spent much of the campaign in the relegation zone and are in danger of dropping out of the league altogether. Results and performances have improved lately though under new boss Micky Adams and they played well, winning 2-1. I am hopeful that the team will be able to stay up.

As for Liverpool, well to call this season so far a disappointment is an understatement. I did not expect another title challenge but did not think we would struggle as badly as we have, few of the summer signings have impressed and the sale of Luis Suarez has been compounded by continuous injuries to Daniel Sturridge, leaving the team short of firepower. Mario Balotelli has mostly been a waste of time so far but my biggest concern is at the opposite end of the pitch - goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has looked nervous all season and the reserve Brad Jones just isn't good enough. I think we have to sign a better goalkeeper in January. I hope for a win this evening at home against Swansea, they are decent though so we will have to play better than we did against Burnley to beat them. At least Sturridge should hopefully return next month.

In F1 my favourite current driver is Lewis Hamilton - I was very pleased to see him take the title this year, with 11 wins to his name he earned it. I like Jenson Button as well, but I do not think he is as talented as Hamilton. Having said this I was very glad when it was announced he would be retaining his McLaren seat for 2015. My favourite team is probably Williams, who I admire for remaining competitive as an independent team with no support from a major car manufacturer or energy drinks giant.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    My main football teams are Liverpool
    My personal favourite Liverpool moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBuOEI2Kk5o

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    The two main sports I follow are football and Formula One.

My main football teams are Liverpool and Tranmere Rovers. I went to see Tranmere play Northampton Town yesterday, they've been struggling a bit in League Two (the bottom division of the Football League) this season and have spent much of the campaign in the relegation zone and are in danger of dropping out of the league altogether. Results and performances have improved lately though under new boss Micky Adams and they played well, winning 2-1. I am hopeful that the team will be able to stay up.

As for Liverpool, well to call this season so far a disappointment is an understatement. I did not expect another title challenge but did not think we would struggle as badly as we have, few of the summer signings have impressed and the sale of Luis Suarez has been compounded by continuous injuries to Daniel Sturridge, leaving the team short of firepower. Mario Balotelli has mostly been a waste of time so far but my biggest concern is at the opposite end of the pitch - goalkeeper Simon Mignolet has looked nervous all season and the reserve Brad Jones just isn't good enough. I think we have to sign a better goalkeeper in January. I hope for a win this evening at home against Swansea, they are decent though so we will have to play better than we did against Burnley to beat them. At least Sturridge should hopefully return next month.

In F1 my favourite current driver is Lewis Hamilton - I was very pleased to see him take the title this year, with 11 wins to his name he earned it. I like Jenson Button as well, but I do not think he is as talented as Hamilton. Having said this I was very glad when it was announced he would be retaining his McLaren seat for 2015. My favourite team is probably Williams, who I admire for remaining competitive as an independent team with no support from a major car manufacturer or energy drinks giant.
    Well, hello, JCL. Not only do you like Dire Straits but you support Liverpool. What a great summary of this awful season. And yet they beat Swansea 4-1.

I'm also a huge Lewis Hamilton fan & was delighted that he won the title. What about the Sports Personality of the Year conntroversy? When you hear this argument about drivers not needing any skill the reply would be to ask if Rory McIlroy could just cliimb into the car & drive it. The answer is no. Keep an eye out for Aussie Daniel Ricciardo next year though - definitely the new kid in town.

I have to say I was a Ferrari/Schumacher fan though my husband regards him as a cheat.