Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself

Stuck on the Border

Welcome Becky and SG -glad you found us!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Sure about that, SG? I've never got to know a Swiss but I could imagine it's like you meet a Bavarian. It's hard to understand I guess.
    BTW, do you know an actor named Mathis Künzler? He's Swiss and such a good looking man.
    Oh no, EF, the Bavarian and the Swiss language are as different as Bavarian and e.g. Saxon

I know who Mathis Künzler is, sure, a TV soap guy. Maybe handsome but much too young. And TV soaps are not really my cup of tea

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Girl
    Oh no, EF, the Bavarian and the Swiss language are as different as Bavarian and e.g. Saxon

I know who Mathis Künzler is, sure, a TV soap guy. Maybe handsome but much too young. And TV soaps are not really my cup of tea
    Yes, I know they are different and the Bavarians are hard to understand.
    I've heard Mathis Künzler talking Swiss and it sounded very cute.
    Yep, he's young but sexy. Like you I'm not a big fan of soaps. I watched "Verliebt in Berlin" just to see that guy.

But nothing can beat Saxon... maybe the worse dialect we have in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter

MF, would you actually wash your face only a week after Glenn kissed it? I think I'd have to have that kiss laminated to ny face, before I'd ever wash it again.
    Well, OK, you got me there, GA, maybe a month... I originally said a week because, you never know, maybe he would have had another opportunity to kiss me, and I certainly wouldn't want to be carrying any germs... That lamination idea is good - I will certainly consider it... All this and Glenn hasn't even kissed me! Well, not yet, anyway...

Becky, I just HAVE to ask you: seeing that you live in Elvis Presley's home state, are you a fan of his, too? Do you live anywhere near Graceland? I'm just as curious as DF is now - I had the thought yesterday. As you've probably seen already, I'm a lifelong Elvis fan. I absolutely adore him... (sorry, Sugar ). I also loved your story about your children making those Eagles posters for one of the concerts you attended. I'm sure Timothy must have been very flattered!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Mrs. F, I am HUGE Elvis fan just like you. I am also a freelance writer and I had the good fortune to be sent to Memphis last year to write a travel story on Graceland and other area attractions. If you haven't you been able to tour Graceland, you really should--it is fabulous, filled with unbelievable memorabilia. It was just a great trip.

I love Elvis too.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Woo hoo hoo! (To quote Glenn from "Already Gone") DonFan and SweetHolly, you are ladies after my own heart. Elvis was wonderful, wasn't he? I'm being unfaithful to Glenn now, but since he likes Elvis himself, I'm sure he wouldn't mind...

I also find it interesting that both of you are Don fans and Elvis fans, since I read in my new Eagles book that one of Don's principal musical influences was indeed Elvis!

Yes, DF, I would love to visit Graceland. It has been a lifelong dream of mine. Perhaps, one day, that will happen. It was particularly significant for me when I noted that Glenn's solo show on 16 August this year coincides with the 30th Anniversary of Elvis' passing, which I'm sure will result in huge events taking place in Memphis.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Gotta admit, I'm a big Elvis fan as well. I pretty much grew up on him, as my Mom was a big fan. My niece visited Graceland last month and said it was amazing. I've never been there though

Stuck on the Border

I had my photo taken outside the gates of Graceland in 1981 but it wasn't open to the public back then.

Glenn's version of (Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame from Royal Oak is really something to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Woo hoo hoo! (To quote Glenn from "Already Gone") DonFan and SweetHolly, you are ladies after my own heart. Elvis was wonderful, wasn't he? I'm being unfaithful to Glenn now, but since he likes Elvis himself, I'm sure he wouldn't mind...

I also find it interesting that both of you are Don fans and Elvis fans, since I read in my new Eagles book that one of Don's principal musical influences was indeed Elvis!

Yes, DF, I would love to visit Graceland. It has been a lifelong dream of mine. Perhaps, one day, that will happen. It was particularly significant for me when I noted that Glenn's solo show on 16 August this year coincides with the 30th Anniversary of Elvis' passing, which I'm sure will result in huge events taking place in Memphis.
    Elvis was great. I haven't been to Graceland yet but I'm hoping my aunts will take me this summer but I'd really love to go to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame too. Hopefully my aunts will take me to both or at least the RRHOF. Maybe someday I'll get to Graceland. My aunt Ellen was supposed to go to Elvis' last concert in Indianapolis but she didn't go.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?