Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Wish You Peace

Default I Wish You Peace

who's playing what in the song? obviously you have Henley on drums and Meisner on bass, but what bout the others? I only hear one guitar and the electric piano. I imagine Frey on the piano, but what about Leadon and Felder?

Default Re: I Wish You Peace - credits

I just checked my copy of One of These Nights. Bernie plays lead guitar. It doesn't mention any other instruments.

Stuck on the Border

Glenn indeed plays the keyboard part. I asked Bernie about this when he was still visiting his message board. He said, "Yes, Glenn played keyboards in this song".
    I think Don Felder and Bernie are playing acoustic guitars. If there's only one acoustic (I haven't listened to the song that closely, but I think there are two of them) I'd presume that it's Bernie and Don doesn't appear at all. Bernie, of course, plays the solo.

hey thanks. i was reading Felder's book and it said that he played the 12 string acoustic guitar on "Too Many Hands", but then that leaves Bernie out because Glenn played the electric guitar parts with Felder.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowland07 View Post
    hey thanks. i was reading Felder's book and it said that he played the 12 string acoustic guitar on "Too Many Hands", but then that leaves Bernie out because Glenn played the electric guitar parts with Felder.
    I'll have to listen to "Too many hands" again. I've never paid much attention to the instrumentation. But I seem to remember that there's one rather clean electric guitar doubling the acoustic riff and playing chords in the verses; an electric rhythm guitar. I think that's Bernie. Glenn is trading leads with Don (all of them overdubbed, of course). Glenn was also fond of overdubbing guitar harmonies in the early days ("One of these nights" for example), so it wouldn't surprise me if it was Glenn doing all the harmony parts in the choruses of "Too many hands". I don't think it's Glenn playing the electric that plays the riff and the chords. I think it's probably Bernie.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

This song is often maligned (most notably by Henley ). But I must admit, I really dig it. Bernie was mellowing at the time and very in love with Patti and this was the perfect swan song. I like what Felder said about it that he didn't realize it at the time but it was Bernie's farewell statement to the band.
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Yeah, Henley did insult this song pretty viciously, but I think that was more about his loathing of Patti Davis than the song itself, as the comment I'm remembering was in response to Davis proudly proclaiming herself to be an Eagles songwriter. I think Don was reading that interview with Davis and thinking "She has some nerve acting like she deserves to be on the same page as people like JD Souther, Jackson Browne, Jack Tempchin, and other serious musicians who were real contributors to the Eagles canon." That's just my speculation, though. I like the song, too, especially the end.

How cool that Bernie used to visit his message board. Wish I'd had a chance to ask him a few questions myself!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Bernie said in his message board about the I Wish You Piece/Patti Davis issue that Don had apologised him and that "it's a non-issue". He seemed to be a bit annoyed when people, me included, were kind of bashing Don for making that comment. I understand this now. One tends to start bashing other band members (or ex-members) in the website of another member (or ex-member).

Border Desperado

Anybody recall when Patti Davis posed nude in playboy....

never have so many, anticipated so much, for so little.

I kept thinking that Clara Peller might have something to say....

as my grandma would have said, "she was kindly scrawny." Maybe they should have called the song I wish you (a tiny) peace...

Now... is that a 'hand up' or a 'hand out'?

I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Well I didn't see them - were these the nude photos of Davis?! Surely not!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten