Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teh Eagles and Teh Underwear

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Teh Eagles and Teh Underwear

now THIS is a topic I can get into...

BB.. 20 years ago I could totally agree with you, but these guys, at this stage, are alll about comfort. I'm not saying tightie whities all around, and the boxer briefs are more then probable (Cliffy wears those Im VERY happy to say*G*) but Im thinking the speedos, the bikini briefs, not so much, and Henley? we're talking about the man who had a conniption fit over which direction the toilet paper roll is pointed. I'm thinking not ONLY does he wear silk boxers, but they are ironed, folded neatly and arranged according to color in the top drawer of his dresser.

Glenn, definitely the boxer briefs but probably in cotton and tight fitting... give me a moment to get a good mental image of this......whew.. okay...

Joe *G* well he's a boxer guy for sure. Loose and easy. Again, 20 years ago I could see the whole camo thing happening there, but now he's more sophisticated, probably black silk.... again.. a moment of self indulgence.... hmmm.... *SIGH* okay..

Tim, no hemp.. the idea is right, but hemp's wayyy too scratchy. Have you SEEN those jeans he wears???? The poor boy would have a rash from hell! No, Im thinking he must, MUST wear boxer briefs, tight and cotton (for comfort and aeration) or..... nothing! Now I can see.. I mean imagine... Tim going commando. .... in fact, lets ALL take a moment to imagine Tim going commando... whew... Of course, any under thingies Tim would wear would most definitely be biodegradable. He is, after all, very earth conscious, ie, the cotton.

now Irving is tightie whities without dispute.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    in fact, lets ALL take a moment to imagine Tim going commando... whew...
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I have absolutely nothing to add to this topic but I'm very glad it was brought up!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado

The Teh is an old internmess convention. When you are going to post a clearly tongue in cheek thread, it is proper etiquette to use 'teh' to signify it.

it is like the old 'BOFH' or 'dept of redundancy dept' stuff... it has been around since my old arpanet days.

it is also used to tease a members post, as in....

'as teh good pueblo sed'

just light hearted goofing off...

I kind of figured (and in some cases correctly) that you girls had major undie fantasies about our boys of the desert... I figured there would be a flurry of 'oh no, my Timmy would only wear boy kanga's under his stone washed 501's'

but, for the most part, maybe not! ha ha!

I think if it were a Linda Ronstadt, Nicolette Larson, Emmylou Harris, Rosie Butler, Valerie Carter underwear thread... I could describe it all down to thread count...

mebbe that is boys vs. girls...

here is LR showing a little leg..

I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

I'm too pis sed at the moment to comment on this thread - suffice to say I did wonder!?
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

Border Desperado

I spent enough time around the "LA" scene in the 70's to know about 'the plaster casters' (there were more than Cynthia and Pam)

Steve Perry is/was, sadly, a pretender. Strangely enough, I think the consensus among the Penny Lanes pretty much crowned Huey Lewis as the true 'king of rock n roll' if you know what I mean.

The Eagles are more about performance than advertising. (another reason I think they are awesome.)

As one of my friends once mumbled after too many beers and some beer bar shuffleboard, "Some guys like their girls to dress up in cheerleader outfits, for me, I'm just looking for a girl with a little 'take one for the team' spirit."

or as Siggy might say "The candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long"

I had a buddy who used to wonder about Freud and his underwear and pondered (aloud) if Freud might not have been a cross dresser since everyone was always talkin' bout his slip.

(I'd rimshot please, but that could be construed as crude.)

Yeah, I'm familiar with what "teh" connotes on the internet. It's usually used sarcastically to poke fun at something or someone you consider to be rather silly, or at least behaving in a silly manner. For example:

ZOMG teh 1337 king pwned teh n00bs!!!!!!111 He is teh awesome!!!!!1111 lolz

It's very common on message boards populated by a somewhat younger demographic than we have here on The Border.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I was enjoying this thread. Until someone mentioned Irving in tightie whities, and I had to stop eating my lunch...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    I was enjoying this thread. Until someone mentioned Irving in tightie whities, and I had to stop eating my lunch...
    were you eating gefilte fish?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, I'm familiar with what "teh" connotes on the internet. It's usually used sarcastically to poke fun at something or someone you consider to be rather silly, or at least behaving in a silly manner. For example:

ZOMG teh 1337 king pwned teh n00bs!!!!!!111 He is teh awesome!!!!!1111 lolz

It's very common on message boards populated by a somewhat younger demographic than we have here on The Border.
    So much younger, I have no idea what you just poked fun at Soda!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...