Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teh Eagles and Teh Underwear

Default Re: Teh Eagles and Teh Underwear

I have no idea, either, EV!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, I'm familiar with what "teh" connotes on the internet. It's usually used sarcastically to poke fun at something or someone you consider to be rather silly, or at least behaving in a silly manner. For example:

ZOMG teh 1337 king pwned teh n00bs!!!!!!111 He is teh awesome!!!!!1111 lolz

It's very common on message boards populated by a somewhat younger demographic than we have here on The Border.
    So much younger, I have no idea what you just poked fun at Soda!

As you can tell, you're not missing much! But I visit a lot of message boards and a lot of folks on there make fun of people that way.

ZOMG and lolz make fun of people who use "OMG" and "lol" a lot. It originated from people accidentally hitting "z" instead of the shift key when typing "OMG." That extended to "lol" and also mocks people who use "z" for a plural instead of an "s."

7331 = "Leet" = language used by programmers and gamers a while back where any letter possible was changed to a number in order to make the language comprehensible only to them, the "elite." I say "a while back" because since it is now mainstreamed, it is no longer "elite" and is therefore uncool to these people. Since I used to date an avid gamer, I know these things all too well. (What a mistake that was! Those games were his life - and this man was 30! The day we broke up was the day I came to his door for our date at 8:00 pm and found him dressed in sweats with the lights out except for his glowing monitor - he had forgotten due to being wrapped up in his massive multiplayer role-playing game aka MMRPG since that morning. He had not even bathed.)

pwned = owned = dominated/gotcha type thing. It comes from a gamer typo. Notice a trend here? lol

n00b = newbie = "new or clueless person." Originated by... you guessed it... gamers who were contemptuous of new players that had no idea how to do anything.

!!!!!!!!!!1111 = making fun of people who type a bunch of exclamation points, because a lot of times these people accidentally end with "1" due to their finger leaving the shift key before the other finger leaves the 1 key. Again, mocking people who aren't very savvy and are overly excitable.

"teh" can also be used as an intensifier - hence "teh awesome" means "Wow you are SO awesome!" Often served with a dose of snark to mean the opposite in the circles I run in.

So that whole sentence sarcastically makes fun of people who think themselves "elite" and thus make fun of others whom they look down upon. My ex would be highly affronted.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

the ultimate in deconstruction....

making fun of the making funners who make fun of the people being made fun of... or something

I like it. metaexistence can't be far behind.
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!1111 = making fun of people who type a bunch of exclamation points, because a lot of times these people accidentally end with "1" due to their finger leaving the shift key before the other finger leaves the 1 key. Again, mocking people who aren't very savvy and are overly excitable.

I guess that could be me!!!! Not very savvy and overexcitable!!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    OMG, I forgot about that(thank God!). How utterly gross! If he did wear tightie whities, bet they were wedged solidly up his butt crack, to put it delicately, cuz he was always uptight about everything.
    And you know they're so tiny they probably have a Grrrranimals tag on them.

bender -may I say, I've pondered this for a few days and I'm only going to comment on Glenn since my mind tends to slip so easily into that line of thinking anyway.

I tend to think that Glenn's selection has "evolved" thru the years. They probably all were "commando" back in the day (more for the fact that they probably couldn't remember where they left the pair they'd been wearing the night before).

The early 80's and all those white suits probably brought out the tightie whities out of necessity.

Late 80's when he was "livin right" it was the boxer briefs (were they invented then?). All those aerobic classes, you know.

The past decade and a half I'm sure has brought out only the finest silk briefs. An acquired taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    I tend to think that Glenn's selection has "evolved" thru the years. They probably all were "commando" back in the day (more for the fact that they probably couldn't remember where they left the pair they'd been wearing the night before).

Okay, guilty as charged! I'll send Joe's back to him!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thanks Soda for your explanation...perfectly clear now. The rest of the conversation can carry on as planned...I have nothing really to add. The others are doing just fine!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    bender -may I say, I've pondered this for a few days and I'm only going to comment on Glenn since my mind tends to slip so easily into that line of thinking anyway.
    So Molly, what's your best guess as to what he's wearing in your avatar?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    So Molly, what's your best guess as to what he's wearing in your avatar?
    Something with a defective strap...coz it ain't doin' it's job!

Border Desperado

does it rhyme with the Tom Petty song "Free Fallin"?
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts