Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Tattoos became mainstream....

Default Re: How Tattoos became mainstream....

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I don't mind tattoos as long as they're tasteful.
    There's no such thing as a tasteful tattoo IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Still, I'll shell out for a henna tattoo every time I go to the Renaissance fair.
    Now that's my kind of tattoo!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Sure there is Cathy. An I Love Mom one

I like tats. As long as they are on someone else!

Now, for you ladies who have tats....do you get offended when some guy you don't know is starring you down while examining your tats? I mean, the locations of some I've seen would result in the examiner being arrested unless the party displaying the artwork wanted them to be examined.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

My 18 year old son has various tatoos (and no he didn't ask me beforehand ). The dumbest ones are on his hands I keep telling him 'Who is going to give you a job with all that crap on your hands?'. Grrrrrr! Personally, I would not do it but I think they can look okay if they are tasteful and are not plastered all over your boobs

Smile Re: How Tattoos became mainstream....

I have 11 tats, an ankle bracelet on my right ankle of hearts and flowers, an angel on the moon on my left calf, a treble cleff the nape of my neck, a music note with wings ,also on the nape of my neck, a tiny butterfly on my left shoulderblade, a flower on my right shoulder blade,the name Madison with a rose under it on 1 side of my lower back, a butterfly on the other side of my lower back, a flower(tiny) on my chest, a pink music note on the inside of my left wrist, and the initails of a friend (who passed) with a music note inside a heart on my bikini line. I want to get a star on the top of my foot next ....All of my tats have special meaning to me and none are very large....

Border Desperado

like a lot of stuff.... it looks awesome on some people and less awesome on others...

as one of my coworkers frequently says "choose your flotation device amigo"

For me, I lean toward cowboy type stuff, jeans, cowboy boots etc... but I have a bunch of friends who love it.... a woman I know says it makes her feel alive....

I say.. whatever works... it is ironic that Cher made it acceptable for the middle classes.
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    I like tats. As long as they are on someone else!

Now, for you ladies who have tats....do you get offended when some guy you don't know is starring you down while examining your tats? I mean, the locations of some I've seen would result in the examiner being arrested unless the party displaying the artwork wanted them to be examined.
    Years ago, Larry, I and some friends were at a bar and I had gone up to the jukebox. Some guy came over, crouched down and was checking out one of my tattoos on my lower leg. He actually put his hand on my leg and I was just about to say something to him when Larry materialized out of nowhere and the guy got up, said something and walked away. I was flattered, Larry wasn't! But I gotta say, I thought that took a lot of nerve to actually wrap his hand around my calf. It wasn't a very busy bar so I'm thinking he should of seen us all come in together.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    As several of you know, Kym has been staying with me since Jan and will be moving out next month as her "fortunes" have taken a good upswing finally. As for the tats, to each their own, they are tiny and I seldom notice them(I'm not very observant anyway). It's that damn belly button piercing of hers that makes me squirm, something about a belly button and hanging a piece of jewelry in it gives me the queen of all goose bumps.....
    I think the belly button piercing thing is hot.
    I hope your daughter never has to find out how funny rape is. -Sodascouts

Wink Re: How Tattoos became mainstream....

I have had my belly button pierced for years and I love it....

Well Willie, I can almost get away with "looking"...sometimes...but I'd have to be awfully wasted to reach out and touch someone! I'd also have to be ready to pay lawyers a huge fee non-related to anything having to do with music unless it was a death dirge!

Bellybutton piercings: My Son's ex-girlfriend had her bellybutton pierced. Our grandson Miles was facinated with it. Every time he saw her, he would try to lift her blouse and demand to see it. I think he's going to grow up to be a real Caution.

MikeA