Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Los Angeles, CA 4-16-10

Default Re: Hollywood Bowl April 16, 2010

Ok, you're right and I'm wrong as usual. This is a 4 CD set with 60 songs, 48 page booklet, complete band history, discography & family tree, covers the 70s, 80s, solo careers and the 1994 reunion and it was produced by Great Dane Records in ITALY 1994.

You ought to know me well enough by now to know that I seldom pay attention to details like that. I've had it for a long time but just never read the little fine print on the back of the booklet.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border

Pueblo, I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong 'as usual' but I thought it was important to clarify exactly when How Long was recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Pueblo, I didn't mean to imply that you were wrong 'as usual' but I thought it was important to clarify exactly when How Long was recorded.
    And we know each other well enough to know that my feathers aren't ruffled by the above quote. Lighten up, FP, lol. These details are important to you and most of the dedicated fans here but I'm not a detail type. If it sounds and plays like the Eagles, I like it. And you're right, this isn't a recorded song, it's live(which makes it all the better for me)and this will be added to my other Glenn favs New Kid In Town and Tequila Sunrise. No one can sing these like he does.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

I wish I knew what Somebody did wrong. I thought it rocked.
    I think so too! Like I said before, I didn't really appreciate it until I heard it live. He absolutely rocks it live! To bad it's gone.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

...I must agree..."Somebody" was great live.....Glenn has very few "rocking" songs....sorry it's gone............

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Am I the only one a bit disappointed that we really don't have any pictures of these shows and only a small review has been posted? Seems strange there isn't more out there since it's a new start up and it was the Eagles at the freakin' Hollywood Bowl. It's seems to me there would be more excitement from people who were there and we'd see and hear something.

I wonder when Steph was going to go back home also. Hope she doesn't have any trouble with her flight back to the UK. Can't wait to hear from her---she usually has some great pictures, at least of Will!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm eating it all up as fast as it's fed to us too TBF. Can't wait for more - specifically close ups!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I think the lack of 'professional' media reviews is directly related to the fact that Coachella was also this past weekend in Indio -- an unfortunate conflict of interest for reporters. It's been the focus of attention by the LA press for a couple of weeks. I'm also hugely disappointed. I've check online and the LA Times has made absolutely NO mention of our guys at the Bowl that I've been able to find, nor have any of the trade papers!

My apologies again to everyone for not putting up more details to date. Once my mother has her surgery and we know where things stand on that front, I'll try to re-focus my attention and give everyone my scoop. Did have a minute to check my pictures and am sad to say that none of them are worth a plugged nickle. Will be shopping for new camera and phone next week.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Cynd, thanks so much for your great review and am glad you had a good time. The Eagles don't usually disappoint. I'm glad to see the casual look has returned, too!

I hope your Mom will be ok and everything gets sorted out soon.

The reporter described Don's voice as smooth and polished. Strange, I think his voice is scratchy and rough (and very sexy, of course!), but whatever!

I'm also so sorry Glenn has dropped Somebody. Why Glenn? Are you going to quit singing any of your lead songs? We love your songs. Please bring them back.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Am I the only one a bit disappointed that we really don't have any pictures of these shows and only a small review has been posted? Seems strange there isn't more out there since it's a new start up and it was the Eagles at the freakin' Hollywood Bowl. It's seems to me there would be more excitement from people who were there and we'd see and hear something.

I wonder when Steph was going to go back home also. Hope she doesn't have any trouble with her flight back to the UK. Can't wait to hear from her---she usually has some great pictures, at least of Will!

Hi,

I was due to fly back to England today, but obviously that's not happening. The next flight I can get on is not until the 29th(assuming it's all cleared by then), so I'm getting an extended holiday. No complaints about that!!

I've just got back from LA to my friend's house in Houston and I'm still tired.

Yes, I have some photo's(and not just of Will!) but as I don't have my own PC with me over here I won't be able to load them and post some until I get back. Hope you can be patient!!

I will say that the shows were AWESOME- the Hollywood bowl is a great place to see the Eagles.

Steph