Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April Fool's 2010

Default Re: ATTN: Copyright issues force me to make some board modifications

..OMG..I had heart palpitations...trying to think of a new name for myself...phew!!!!!!!!!!......good one!!!!!!!!!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Oh God, I almost had a heart attack lol. Too funny

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I knew the minute I read the heading. But Lou and I had been chatting last night on MSN and we had been wondering what Nancy would do this year. So I wasn't worried. 'Dublingirl' wouldn't have been a bad option anyway as a username. Also with the time difference we were well used to being 'fooled' by the time I read it!

BUT

Well Done Nancy!! You have surpassed yourself this time. I loved it!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Nancy girl, you had me hook, line and sinker!. After a long day at work I had forgotten that it was April Fool's Day (even though I wrote the date 1,247,816 times today.)

As I read I kept thinking, "What's going to be left of the board when we're through with all of this?" It wasn't until I scrolled down to read everybody's reaction that I got it.

Shame on you Soda! ... ...
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

you had me til about half way thru.... then i realised.. hey doesn't nanc do an april's fools joke DOH!

I almost myself
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

Stuck on the Border

I swear, for about 10 seconds I said 'what'? and then I scrolled down a bit and realised. ME, the avatar queen, with no avatars?

As for changing my name I don't know what I would do if such a scenario were to occur.

Well done Nancy!

ETA: My board style didn't change at all - I'm using the Hotel California style at the moment.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-01-2010 at 09:05 PM.

I went when I saw the forum colour, and then did even more the more I read.

Definitely 20 out of 10 for effort and thoroughness.
    But I'll be prepared next year Soda.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Nancy asked me an interesting question this afternoon-what would my new user name had been if I had to change it?

I think that would be interesting to find out what we all would have done if it had actually been true.

Mine I had already decided as I read the above---I also belong to a Cars & a Sweet board. My Cars board I use TimothyBFan also. But on the Sweet board I go by littlewillyhoo. Stop laughing!! For those of you who know a bit of Sweet--they had a song in the early 70's called Little Willy (that was actually the song that started the love affair I've had with Sweet-of course, as I've said before, in the 4th grade when the song came out, it made my life a living hell with chants of "little Willy,Willy won't ...go home!"
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Hey FP, wouldn't you go by the name, "Madame ?"

At various times in my life, completely unrelated to each other, I've gone by "evalou" (in fact, it's part of my email addresses), so I'm sure that's what I would have had to change it to. It has a nice country twang to it, don't you think? Actually, that's how it started...in vet school, when my roommate and friend and I were going to a "country hoe-down" at Ohio State, we had to come up with country bumpkin names to match our country bumpkin outfits. So, we were Cindy Mae, Pammy Sue, and Eva Lou. (Thank goodness my mom had enough common sense to NOT name me that!)
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...