Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If each member had only 1 solo song in the set, which would you want it to be?

Default Re: If each member had only 1 solo song in the set, which would you want it to be?

I chose to pick some songs that we don't usually get to hear.

Don: I Will Not Go Quietly (Y'all know how much I love that song--it rocks!)
    Glenn: The Heat is On (love that song too)
    Joe: Turn to Stone
    Timothy: Anything

Default Re: If each member had only 1 solo song in the set, which would you want it to be?

What a diverse selection from everyone! I guess the next new thread will have to be "If the Eagles were to tour and do NOTHING BUT solo work....."
    I just need a little downtime.........

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Don: Dirty Laundry (It just rocks!)

Glenn: The Heat Is On (Ditto)

Joe: Life's Been Good (Is it Joe solo? It is to me!)

Tim: Any of his new ones.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - this is actually pretty easy for me … or maybe not. Here is my list (with the disclaimer that I don’t think it would ever happen in a gazillion years). If I could only choose one solo song for each Eagle to sing in concert, it would be …

Glenn – Part of Me, Part of You (If I were to go with his megahits, I would choose YBTTC over THIO mainly because Glenn co-wrote it; I also considered River of Dreams, but I think it’s pretty obscure outside of the hardcore fanbase).

Don – The Boys of Summer (Although there are several others that I’d love to hear, this classic masterpiece never gets old).

Joe – Life’s Been Good (Although I agree about what everyone has said about Rocky Mountain Way and Walk Away, LBG is such a crowd-pleaser that it must stay; I always look forward to hearing it at every show that I attend).

Timothy – Parachute (Soda, Every Song Is You is also one of my very favorites of Tim’s too, but it’s a cover, plus I think Parachute is a bit more “Eagley”).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Ooh, I would love to hear POMPOY. Much more than The Heat Is On, or You Belong To The City.

I think Parachute would be a great choice (and the most logical one) for Tim to perform with the Eagles. My only other strong contender would be Downtime.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I love this because this means TIMOTHY GETS A SOLO SONG!!!

Don-Boys Of Summer, probably the most well known DH song even for just the casual fan.

Glenn-You Belong To The City (the beginning of that song gives me chills every time and live....

Joe- This ones a hard one for me for some reason, but I think I'd have to go with Life's Been Good.

Timothy-I'd have to say Parachute only because it's new and I would LOVE to see something off of Expando get some attention from the Eagles and this seems like the logical one. My next choice (of course there would be one from me) is Every Song Is You which is my all time fave Timothy song ever!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Don - Heart of The Matter - (Even if you don't love me anymore) - gulp, boo hoo - I always get a chill when he says that

Glenn - New Kid In Town - my all time fav from him - when he cut his hair(ha ha)then sang this, I thought he was the greatest singer in the band

Joe - Anything from him except Guilty of the Crime(don't like it at all)

Tim - Any slow ballad, he's so good with them, pours his heart into it, he's such a good guy
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.

These are ones that I would like to hear, not ones that I think would be crowd pleasers.

Glenn: The One You Love or After Hours (both so romantic)

Don: Not Enough Love In The World

Joe: Rocky Mountain Way

Timothy: One More Mile

Oh my gosh, the thought of watching Don perform Not Enough Love In The World live...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by pueblo47 View Post
    Don - Heart of The Matter - (Even if you don't love me anymore) - gulp, boo hoo - I always get a chill when he says that

Glenn - New Kid In Town - my all time fav from him - when he cut his hair(ha ha)then sang this, I thought he was the greatest singer in the band

Joe - Anything from him except Guilty of the Crime(don't like it at all)

Tim - Any slow ballad, he's so good with them, pours his heart into it, he's such a good guy

I agree with you about New Kid In Town, but the question was which solo song would you like them to perform if they only had one.

And GL - After Hours -the mind boggles at the thought.