Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What songs will be cut?

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Default Re: What songs will be cut?

Wouldn't it make sense for them to chop the solo material, what with it being an Eagles concert and all? Never understood that.

I suppose my dream of hearing "Saturday Night" live has tumbled into the catacombs of implausibility for good. Sigh.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

... and then, there's always my get-to-the-point, shoot-straight-from-the-hip approach - like "not a snowball's chance in hell".

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

...so true though...if it's just a 2 hour concert they should really concentrate on EAGLES songs, not their solo songs......still thinking I might be going to Toronto to see them...just hate the thought of having to sit through 2 hours of the DIxie Chicks first ...sorry to you all Chicks fans out there......

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I love Boys of Summer and Funk 49 as much as the next guy... but when I'm at an Eagles concert, I want Eagles music. Is that really too much to ask for?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Honestly, ltl, I think it is too much to ask for. I don't think the solo stuff will ever actually be completely eliminated because 1) it rocks, and 2) that is the majority of Joe's contribution in the shows. As many shows as I have been to, there is no question that when Joe cranks it up in the 2nd half with his solo work, the majority of the audience LOVES it.

Glenn, Don, and Joe all have young children that I'm sure takes up a lot of their time. Hopefully, they will still make time for the Eagles for a few more years.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I love it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I haven't been on the board properly in a couple of days, so I've just read through all of this now. Are we assuming, as this 'Summer Tour' starts in June, that the April/May concerts are likely to be the 'full' LROOE shows we've seen before...?

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Ok, my first thoughts when I read this was "How can you have the LROOE Tour without playing LROOE!!" That was before I realized that the mini-tour with the Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban isn't the LROOE Tour. It's just a joint mini-summer-tour, right? So, for that reason, I can see why they would probably cut the majority of the LROOE songs. But as far as this spring LRROE Tour. I certainly hope that they don't cut out too many of the new songs. LROOE absolutely ROCKS live as does Somebody. I only kinda liked both of those songs until i saw them performed live and now I LOVE them. I'll be a bit disappointed if they don't perform either of this this spring. I still miss BBF live but I've kinda gotten over the fact that they more than likely won't be bringing it back.

As far as the solo songs go, I LOVE the ones they play live. And though I know they are solo songs, I tend to associate them as Eagles songs anyway because they sound so great when they are played by all of the guys. Like Don said "Most of the solo songs could've been Eagles songs anyway."
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    ...so true though...if it's just a 2 hour concert they should really concentrate on EAGLES songs, not their solo songs......still thinking I might be going to Toronto to see them...just hate the thought of having to sit through 2 hours of the DIxie Chicks first ...sorry to you all Chicks fans out there......

I very much doubt the DCs will play for two hours. They are the 'special guests'. I would have thought 45 minutes would be sufficient.

Regarding solo stuff my problem with it is that those songs have been played ad infinitum since the reunion. Why drop newer, fresher songs and still plod on with those? I have heard them.

I think they're going to try to determine what the majority of people want to hear, new or old.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.