Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Felder playing Waukesha (Wisconsin) County Fair

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Felder playing Waukesha (Wisconsin) County Fair

Somehow I'm not surprised anymore when I see that "founding member" thing. Don himself likes to lead people to believe that he was there from the beginning. He also keeps saying that he was in the band for 27 years. Maybe he thinks of business meetings with the "Eagles organization" that may have happened in the 80's as "being in the band", but it sure sounds like "we played as a band for 27 years" when he says it. Was it twelve years that he actually was in the band?

Stuck on the Border

1974 - 1980 and 1994 - 2001 (and during a lot of the second period, in the late 90s, the band weren't really active partly due to Felder's insistence on being given his 'share'). So if you add it up it's 13 years.

I think that's weird, too. The band didn't exist from 1981-1993, so how can you count those years when you talk about how many years you've been in the band?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

All right, all right. Let's stop the Felder-bashing. He was a very important member of the group. If he hadn't been there, we wouldn't have Hotel California, Already Gone, Those Shoes, and a whole host of other songs. At least not in the form that we now know and love.

Secondly, the Waukesha County Fair is a pretty cool place. I went last year (and saw REO Speedwagon) and it is usually pretty easy to get good seats for the Main Stage (even if you don't buy the VIP tickets), as long as you arrive early. I was considering buying VIP seats, but I probably won't because I am going to want to film him playing "Heavy Metal" and the only place security pays any attention to is the VIP area. And even then, I doubt they would say anything. Long story short, if you like state fairs and are in the Wisconsin area, check it out! (Local plug, haha)
    "City streets don't have much pity,
    When you're down, that's where you'll stay..."
    -Joe Walsh

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by RamboIV View Post
    All right, all right. Let's stop the Felder-bashing. He was a very important member of the group. If he hadn't been there, we wouldn't have Hotel California, Already Gone, Those Shoes, and a whole host of other songs. At least not in the form that we now know and love.
    I beg to differ about Already Gone. All he did was add a guitar part.

As for Hotel California, he wasn't the only person who wrote and/or played on the song. We wouldn't have had it if it didn't have Frey & Henley's lyrics, either. Why does nobody ever say that?

He was as 'important' as the others were. They were all 'important'.

I am all for giving Felder his due but let's keep some perspective.

And besides, the criticism here was of his continued acquiescence in being referred to as a 'founding member' of the Eagles when he is nothing of the sort.
    Last edited by Freypower; 04-19-2010 at 03:56 AM.