Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wow - If he looks like that picture at the show, I may have to get closer than I thought. Oops - don't anyone tell Glenn I said that!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Glenn would read in his own section... certainly not in the Keith section. So you are safe.

Hmmm... I would say he looks way better in person. I was pretty close to him and could look straight in his face...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    Oh, what a treat.
    Brooke, you should get his blue album too, the self-titled one. Some really great songs on it.
    He plays the banjo, drums, piano... but his guitar playing makes me speechless every time.
    You haven't seen him... may I ask why not? He's doing more than 30 shows in your country.
    I know. I should have tried to catch one of his shows. The closest one to me in St. Louis, was a bad time at work for me and I couldn't take off. There are only 2 office girls and the other one was on vacation that week.

I'm really saving my money to get VIP tickets to see the Eagles whenever they decide to make another round here. Hubby and son also want to go, so we are talking some major $$$ here. They are first and foremost in my concert budget right now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    I know. I should have tried to catch one of his shows. The closest one to me in St. Louis, was a bad time at work for me and I couldn't take off. There are only 2 office girls and the other one was on vacation that week.

I'm really saving my money to get VIP tickets to see the Eagles whenever they decide to make another round here. Hubby and son also want to go, so we are talking some major $$$ here. They are first and foremost in my concert budget right now.
    I know exactly what you are talking about!
    Yes, it's their last tour and Keith will be touring again so you will get your chance for sure.

Yikes! Thank goodness he's ok!

http://music.msn.com/music/article.a...77810&GT1=7702

Urban Involved in Minor Motorcycle Crash
    Oct. 1, 2007, 2:30 PM EST

The Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Keith Urban was uninjured Monday when he crashed his motorcycle near his home in Sydney, Australia.

In a statement issued by his publicist, Paul Freundlich, Urban said he was "out riding to an AA meeting, a time when my privacy is especially important to me, (when) I felt myself being pursued" by a photographer on another motorcycle.

"I sped up, and in an effort to elude an oncoming car which was making an illegal U-turn, saw no choice but to drop my bike," the 39-year-old country singer said.

"In actual fact, my pursuer came to my assistance, without taking photos, and helped me from the road," Urban said. "I returned home, got my car, and continued on my way."

Urban said the incident was the result of "one person's desire to do his job and my desire to maintain my privacy."

The New Zealand-born Urban, who grew up in Australia, completed a three-month stint in rehab for alcohol abuse earlier this year.

He checked himself into the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif., last October, less than four months after his wedding to Nicole Kidman.

The couple have a home in Nashville.

Thank God, he's not injured!

Usually he doesn't mind when someone takes a photo but in this case when he's going to that AA meeting I can understand that he was trying to get away.

Urban said the incident was the result of "one person's desire to do his job and my desire to maintain my privacy."
    There are not many artists out there who would see it from that point of view.

Very nice from the pursuer to help him... but without taking photos?

Not an Eagles related photo, Keith this time:

This photo was taken at the subway station... Keithstraße means Keithstreet.

Stuck on the Border

If anyone is interested, he crashed his bike in Darling Point, one of the most exclusive of the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

And apparently Keith & Nicole demanded a private box at the Rugby League Grand Final. They were offered seats on the halfway line but that wasn't good enough for them. So I presume they didn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    EF, I just wanted to say that I'm surprised you don't care for TGFY for its country flavour, being a Keith Urban fan - Keith is considered a country music artist, isn't he?
    This is true, MF. Keith is considered as a country music artist because he starts his career with that. Meanwhile his music is rather like rock music with a little banjo now and then. When you see him performing at a concert you would be surprised and say: this has nothing to do with country. He converts his older songs from country into rock/pop music. This is why I rather love the live songs than the studio versions. Counts only for the older songs, the newer ones are rocking anyway and not country anymore.

The Germans think it's country and he doesn't get played here often so it's hard for him to have any success here.
    He doesn't get the chance to proof what a great musician and performer he is. People don't know what they are missing.
    When I went to his show I took one of my friends with me. She didn't know who he is and only knew 2 or 3 songs. But she came with me and after the show she was on cloud 9 and

I think it's hard to get rid of that image and I doubt he wants to because... "that is how it all started".

Meanwhile I also enjoy listening to his old pure country songs.
    Now I'm even more surprised that you don't care for TGFY. Okay, okay, I've got to Get Over It now, I know... .

I'll have to check Keith out on YouTube, as apart from a few photos, such as the one Brooke posted, I haven't seen him perform or heard his music. He only seems to make it into the gossip columns in South Africa regarding his addiction and his relationship with/marriage to Nicole Kidman . I'm sure he's cool, EF! I'm not too keen on those earrings, though, but hey, I'm old fashioned . Sorry...

I'm glad he was not injured in his motorcycle accident.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down