Page 23 of 74 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Urban

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I hope Keith wins an award or two, EF. I bet Keith will love his SMART. I will see if I can get some pics. I think I read that small cameras are allowed, but as Dana said, we are going to be too far away for my cell phone to take any good shots. I think my niece has a nice camera with a zoom lens that I may be able to borrow. Of course, my photography skills leave a lot to be desired. In any event, I'm sure we'll be able to tape the show since it is being broadcast, and get some of our very talented Border members here to do some screenshots.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    I know you are totally focussed on our four guys but please make sure you take some photos of Keith too especially when he's on stage to address a few words of thanks for winning an award. You will love his accent it sounds just too cute.
    He just has a standard Australian accent, doesn't he?

He flew into Sydney the other night to be with Mrs Urban. I don't keep up with this stuff but I thought I'd mention it.

I hope Keith will win an award or 2.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    He just has a standard Australian accent, doesn't he?

He flew into Sydney the other night to be with Mrs Urban. I don't keep up with this stuff but I thought I'd mention it.
    Thanks for that info, FP. I already knew that from our US Keith forum. People there always know where he is. I think it's his usual 2 weeks break from the tour to see Nicole.

I guess he has a standard accent (I've never heard an Australian speaking before ). You are the expert for that, FP.
    Compared with the Americans (no offend here ) he speaks very clear so I can understand all what he's saying. Furthermore he speaks in a way that you can listen to him for hours. OK, maybe that's just me because I have a crush on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I hope Keith wins an award or two, EF. I bet Keith will love his SMART. I will see if I can get some pics. I think I read that small cameras are allowed, but as Dana said, we are going to be too far away for my cell phone to take any good shots. I think my niece has a nice camera with a zoom lens that I may be able to borrow. Of course, my photography skills leave a lot to be desired. In any event, I'm sure we'll be able to tape the show since it is being broadcast, and get some of our very talented Border members here to do some screenshots.
    That would be great if you can borrow that camera. We need some new photos from the Eagles.

To answer you question... since you don't like country music very much I would recommend his album Days Go By which is a compilation of 15 selected tracks from his previous albums, 'Be Here' (2004) and 'Golden Road' (2002).The first albums (especially the one with his band 'The Ranch' have more the country sound in it than the newer ones. There are some I really love and a very few I don't like.
    I prefer songs in which he sings live. Nothing can beat this and you can enjoy his amazing guitar work.
    He didn't bring out a live album so far and his first Greatest Hits with some new songs is planned for this year, but who knows.
    I can also recommend his latest album 'Love, Pain & The Whole Crazy Thing'. Some great songs on it like Faster Car, Used To The Pain, I Told You So as well as the beautiful ballad Got It Right This Time.

I would be happy to send you a CD with live songs, covers, unreleased songs or whatever.

I just found out his Greatest Hits comes out on Nov. 20. It includes all his number one hits, many of his top fives as well as some of his latest album.

Usually I don't buy a greatest hits cd when I have all CDs anyway. But in this case I have to because he will add some new songs.

EF, I just wanted to say that I'm surprised you don't care for TGFY for its country flavour, being a Keith Urban fan - Keith is considered a country music artist, isn't he?
    This is true, MF. Keith is considered as a country music artist because he starts his career with that. Meanwhile his music is rather like rock music with a little banjo now and then. When you see him performing at a concert you would be surprised and say: this has nothing to do with country. He converts his older songs from country into rock/pop music. This is why I rather love the live songs than the studio versions. Counts only for the older songs, the newer ones are rocking anyway and not country anymore.

The Germans think it's country and he doesn't get played here often so it's hard for him to have any success here.
    He doesn't get the chance to proof what a great musician and performer he is. People don't know what they are missing.
    When I went to his show I took one of my friends with me. She didn't know who he is and only knew 2 or 3 songs. But she came with me and after the show she was on cloud 9 and

I think it's hard to get rid of that image and I doubt he wants to because... "that is how it all started".

Meanwhile I also enjoy listening to his old pure country songs.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the info, EF. Rats - it's too bad that the greatest hits album will not be released until a couple of weeks after my trip. I'll PM you sometime over the weekend.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

EF, great job of recommendations for Dreamer and DonFan. Don't know if I can add much to that only to say I have Be Here, Golden Road, and the new one Love, Pain and the Whole Crazy Thing. There are great songs on each one.

You should check out some of his videos on You Tube. And I haven't seen Keith live, but he is really an awesome guitar player in his videos and very, very easy on the eyes. He does add the banjo a bit, but somehow, it works. A lot of the songs are quite rockin'!

And I have to add that I love his accent, too! You can't really hear it in his songs, but when you hear him talk it is very evident. Just being American, I always love to hear other accents from around the world. Normal Australian is very unusual to me, Fp! Heck, I even love all the different accents from around our own country here!

And let me add a little teaser here with thanks to EF:

Uh, yeah!

And as I mentioned earlier, you girls need to study this thread in depth!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh, what a treat.
    Brooke, you should get his blue album too, the self-titled one. Some really great songs on it.
    He plays the banjo, drums, piano... but his guitar playing makes me speechless every time.
    You haven't seen him... may I ask why not? He's doing more than 30 shows in your country.

Dreamer, I guess you won't get to see the "full Keith" because he's more reserved in TV shows. But who knows.
    Ok, PM me, I'm sure I can help you out.