Page 245 of 301 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Most of my favorite bands are British (Bad Company, Fleetwood Mac(are they British or British- American?), Free, Def Leppard, Iron Maiden etc). The Eagles are the only band in my top 5 that are American. Given the fact that they are "the best selling American band of all time", I'm not surprised that most people rank them as #1, despite their personal feelings about the band. The numbers and the money don't lie.

The next band that comes to mind for me is Van Halen or Lynyrd Skynyrd. Aerosmith would be next.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

The Eagles are the ONLY American band I class as absolute favourites. I loved CCR but they weren't around long enough. Same with CSN/Y. I am indifferent to Aerosmith & as I've said before, bands like Bon Jovi & Journey leave me cold. My husband liked the Cult & Faith No More, both of which are too hard rock for me. I never heard the Grateful Dead & I was only interested in Jefferson Airplane for a couple of songs. I do have most of the Byrds' albums & they should really be heard by Eagles fans. Otherwise my favourite American artists are solo acts like Paul Simon & Neil Diamond.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

It's no shock that our guys made the top 30 of top-paid musicians. They made #3. What is interesting is this:
    The ageless rockers’ ongoing History Of The Eagles tour helped them earn more last year than Lady Gaga, Kanye West and Miley Cyrus—combined.
    Beyonce and Dr. Dre were #2 and #1 respectively...

http://www2.forbes.com/forbes/the-wo...usicians-2/30/

ETA: This may be old, as it has no date on it. It popped up on MSN this morning.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    ETA: This may be old, as it has no date on it. It popped up on MSN this morning.
    It says the data was collated for June 2013 to June 2014. I don't know if it was posted here previously but I remember reading about Dr Dre and the sale of Beats.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, very interesting. I certainly would agree with the Eagles being the greatest American band.

I really don't get the Doors though. I like their hits, but know nothing of any of the rest of their catalog. Can't say I ever liked Jim Morrison either. He was so out of it most of the time how could anyone ever like him? Jmo!

I would also pick CCR and Aerosmith. Next for me would be CSNY.

ETA: I consider Fleetwood Mac an American Band because I only liked them since Stevie and Lindsey joined. How could I forget to add them to my top 5. They would be my number 2!
    Last edited by Brooke; 06-15-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

$100 million for a year's work? Go guys! Nice to see an old(er) band mixed in with the younger people.

Regarding CSNY, can they be regarded as American? No doubt that they have an American sound, but Neil Young is from Canada and Graham Nash is from England(though I do believe that he is an American citizen).
    -Kim-

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I consider CSNY American because they got together in California.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I consider CSNY American because they got together in California.
    I was just wondering what makes a band be able to say, "we're an American band" (my tribute to Grand Funk Railroad )

Their sound, where they formed, where the members are from? . I guess that it's up to ourselves to decide personally. I don't consider CSNY an American band because of Graham's first band, The Hollies. They were a part of the British Invasion, so it's hard for me to say that a member of that band became a member of an American band.

Fleetwood Mac are my 2nd favorite band, behind Bad Company. I love just about everything that they have done. I believe that most people refer to them as British American. Regardless, they rock!
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Interesting stuff, VA. This kinda reminds me of the contest that I've mentioned on the board several times before that a Jacksonville, FL newspaper ran several years ago where they used the NCAA March Madness tournament bracket to determine the greatest American Rock and Roll band. The final four teams in the contest were The Doors, CCR, Aerosmith, and the Eagles.
    Wait: a Jacksonville paper and they didn't even mention Lynyrd Skynyrd?! I bet they got death threats

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    My husband liked the Cult & Faith No More, both of which are too hard rock for me.
    The Cult is a British band.