Page 240 of 301 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Banned

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I know they're mentioned in wikipedia but this is a pretty comprehensive list courtesy of L&M's Eagles site.

http://eaglesfans.squarespace.com/ru...-inscriptions/

I checked some of my vinyl discs and some have no inscriptions. I guess they were later pressings rather than the originals.
    I also checked my vinyl copies of LROOE and Analog Man. There's nothing on LROOE but Joe's 2012 disc has;

Side A - "I Don't Know.... Ask Szymczyk"
    Side B - "Did I Hear Bubbles?"

Nice One Joe

In advance of the Eagles concert tomorrow, the Argus Leader has an article about the success of the Eagles 1975 Greatest Hits album.
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/sco...usic/28356035/

I didn't realise that Hotel California sold twice as many albums as all their previous albums (Barring GHs) put together.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

They are mostly words. I have all of my old original vinyls and they are all etched. Silly little things, but I can't remember really what.

We discussed it here somewhere.......don't have time to look for it though. Sorry!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I know they're mentioned in wikipedia but this is a pretty comprehensive list courtesy of L&M's Eagles site.

http://eaglesfans.squarespace.com/ru...-inscriptions/

I checked some of my vinyl discs and some have no inscriptions. I guess they were later pressings rather than the originals.
    Those are cool, and mostly cryptic - thanks, Funk! Your boy Joe really gets into it.

P.S. The surprising (to me, anyway) detail from the Argus Leader article is that The Eagles Greatest Hits doubled its sales and moved ahead of all the competition in the 90s.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

There are lists of words (and numbers) in the run-out grooves/matrix etchings all over the internet, as those who buy and sell old albums live and die by the etchings and numbers in the grooves. I'm not sure where this list originally came from, but I thought there were more than this. At any rate, if you look them up on the real sites for this kind of thing, it usually lists the going price, which fluctuates. They also list the details of what albums of the same name have the etchings and which do not, and in some cases for some artists, several different etchings for the same album, depending on where it was released and when (and what pressing it was). Another advantage of the sites is that they list all albums, not just Eagles, which is handy for those of us who have a collection of a lot of artists. Some (not the one I linked to below) will give detailed instructions on how to tell which are first pressings (these are worth more).

I don't have time right now, but when I find my old bookmarks for these sites, I'll post them here if any are interested. This is not the site I've used, but it's the bookmark I have on this computer. I did a search on "There Goes the Neighborhood" and here is the link.

Here is the link for Hotel California. As you can see, not all pressings had the etching. I don't have time to go look at all 135!

ETA: I'm pretty sure there's another site referenced on here, I had to have gotten it from somewhere...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

VA, I'm definitely interested. I have about 250 vinyl lps right behind me as I type and I only know the pressing of one (first pressing of Crosby Stills and Nash's 1969 album).

I'm going to be spending some time looking at my collection and seeing if anything is written on the inside of the records! 135 different pressings of Hotel California? Yikes, I'll probably never find out which one mine is!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I just checked out the link to the Eagles. I have all on vinyl except On the Border (I'll have it by July) and LROOE. I never realized how many different pressings an album could have. I've seen some on RYM(Rate Your Music), but usually it's just the different pressings on the different formats(vinyl, cd etc).

I have several Facebook friends who are obsessed with different pressings. The only thing that I'm concerned about on gatefolds. My version of the Eagles' debut album isn't the gatefold. I eventually want a gatefold copy.
    I am curious as to how you can identify a pressing. However, I buy most of my records to play, not just to look at (I'll buy 2 copies for that).
    -Kim-

How to identify the pressing is as unique as the pressing itself! Few releases identify the pressing, especially in earlier releases (before the late 70's, I believe). Things like if it's a gatefold, if it has such-and-such etching, if it has a certain number on the spine of the album cover, if the sleeve has a certain design, etc. So it's not an exact science in all cases.
    VK

Here is a cool article ahead of the Sioux Falls concert, but I feel it should go here instead of the anticipation thread. You'll see why when you read it...

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sco...usic/28356035/
    VK

Another interesting article ahead of the Green Bay concert, this one talks about enduring lyrics.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...rics/28382873/
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    How to identify the pressing is as unique as the pressing itself! Few releases identify the pressing, especially in earlier releases (before the late 70's, I believe). Things like if it's a gatefold, if it has such-and-such etching, if it has a certain number on the spine of the album cover, if the sleeve has a certain design, etc. So it's not an exact science in all cases.
    Sounds kind of fun to me, sort of like an adventure. I'd never thought about the little details that make each pressing unique before. I personally love gatefolds and prefer to have them in my collection.
    -Kim-