Page 225 of 301 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I dunno about that, Soda. It's certainly not terribly out of character for Glenn to say a bad word or two. Maybe he was just doing the 'when in Rome, do as Romans do' routine.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I seriously doubt Glenn used the adjective "bloody."
    He used it when he was imitating Glyn Johns in HOTE. He may have thought it was more appropriate than the f word. It's our equivalent of 'damn' down here.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Maybe they couldn't print the word he used? Yeah, it looks very real, but they said it was Sunday, which means Don either flew into Sydney and then did a three hour flight to Auckland (more with the time change) or flew straight to Auckland. For lunch. Glenn was in Sydney, so he would have made that flight. For lunch. Then both would make a 7.5 hr. flight to Perth in order to be there, as Glenn stated, to run through an acoustic/vocal version of the concert on Monday. I'm not saying this isn't true, it's just unbelievable, and if they did, it had to be for far more than lunch.
    VA, the whole thing is hard to believe, especially when you look at the by-line and consider the source: Rachel Glucina is New Zealand’s reigning gossip queen and author of The Diary.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Banned

It's conceivable that all the travelling together was to enable some private business conversations to take place with minimal interruptions.

The Eagles usually have a band meeting at the start of the year to discuss future band projects. This could be their first opportunity for a face to face chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It's conceivable that all the travelling together was to enable some private business conversations to take place with minimal interruptions.

The Eagles usually have a band meeting at the start of the year to discuss future band projects. This could be their first opportunity for a face to face chat.
    They are in a rock band, not the CIA....that seems like a bit too much trouble to go to just for a meeting. But then again maybe they just like flying
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

When I saw this the other day, I assumed it was on here already. I don't see it in this thread, so I'm posting it now. Apologies if it's a duplicate... Jack Tempchin just posted on Facebook, which made me think I should double check here. It's a 60 Minutes segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG43...ature=youtu.be

ETA: I don't think I went back far enough, it has to be on here somewhere! Oh, well, it's worth seeing again.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Yes, it was put on here when it was first shown. I don't know exactly where it is on the board. It coincided with the release of HOTE, not with this tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Yes, it was put on here when it was first shown. I don't know exactly where it is on the board. It coincided with the release of HOTE, not with this tour.
    It must have been during the European tour, since she says she's in Amsterdam.
    VK

An interesting perspective about the banjo and rock music...

http://www.asianage.com/music/blame-...k-classics-385
    VK

This person actually thinks the 'legends' of hip-hop should be able to sell out stadiums and big arenas like the Eagles, just because they've been around for a while. He doesn't get that the reason they play in small theaters is because their songs suck. He thinks it's an injustice that they've been dissed. Seriously. He seems to think fans owe them something.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...to-hustle.html
    VK