Page 224 of 301 FirstFirst ... 124174214220221222223224225226227228234274 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Not yet he doesn't, and he's been working on this album for years, so it's a bit of a stretch to call the songs on it 'new' after so long.
    Probably helps my argument if anything: if it's taken him so long to collate Cass County (I think that's its name?) how long would it take him and the others to record a new Eagles album? Also surely if the album has taken until present to record and finish any new material or concepts will be on that vice holding it back in case they ever decide to do anything as a band?

Banned

I believe Cass County was finished over 12 months ago. It just hasn't been released due to Don's Eagles commitments.

It was scheduled to be released in August 2013 then it shifted to 2014 TBA (To Be Announced). Presently it's listed as 2015 TBA. I've sorta checked for the latest info on Don's solo album or albums at the start of each month, probably going back beyond Analog Man and After Hours.

This month there seems to be some 2015 re-releases of Don's earlier solo albums around. I don't know if they are official or not. I've not really investigated. No extra tracks of course.

As lifelong musicians and songwriters, I'm sure all the guys are coming up with new material all the time. It's just a case of whether or not they have the motivation to go through the rigmarole of making it public. By all accounts, making an Eagles album is an arduous, tortuous experience even with the benefits of digital recording.

I'm just sad that Irving encourages them to just chase the big money all the time.

Maybe Glenn and Don told Irving that his job is to make them as much money as possible, even when they've got so much they'll never be able to spend it all.

Stuck on the Border

I've been reading about Humble Pie and Peter Frampton and that was a good reminder that the Eagles (including Leadon and Felder*) did very well with Azoff. Not only was he fierce when negotiating deals on their behalf and identifying opportunities, but he seems to have encouraged them to invest wisely.

*There's a 1990s interview with Bernie Leadon where he mentions still receiving a good income from the Eagles because the Greatest Hits went platinum every year. I assume the same would have been even more true for the others (Felder would have received less from GH but would have done well out of HC).

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Not yet he doesn't, and he's been working on this album for years, so it's a bit of a stretch to call the songs on it 'new' after so long.
    A novelist or artist for that matter can take years crafting their work but it's still 'new' to the readers or viewers. The same with Cass County - however long it takes, it'll still be 'new' work.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border

There's quite a bit of Eagles stuff in this, including comments from Glenn, JD and Cameron Crowe. Joni Mitchell used to go to Glenn's house to play poker!

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/20...on-music-scene

I like this:
    J. D. SOUTHER: When Glenn and Don [Henley] had those poker nights and football nights, Linda and I moved to Beachwood Canyon, [so as] not to be living in that boys' club over there in Laurel Canyon.
    and this:
    CHRIS HILLMAN: I have great respect for the Eagles, for Henley and Frey, and I love the original band. What they did was take all those influences—but they did it right. They were smarter than we were. In the Burrito Brothers, Gram Parsons and I wrote good songs, but we didn't have that work ethic.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 02-08-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I really like that Chris Hillman mentions the work ethic the Eagles had. I'm glad one of their contemporaries realizes that besides good looks and great talent, what got them to superband status was the work they put into it. It's one of the things the band wanted people to get out of the HOTE documentary, but I'm not sure many did.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    There's quite a bit of Eagles stuff in this, including comments from Glenn, JD and Cameron Crowe. Joni Mitchell used to go to Glenn's house to play poker!

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/20...on-music-scene
    Thanks for the link - I love those type of anecdotes!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

According to this article, Glenn and Don were in New Zealand on Sunday. True or not, of course I don't know...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=11403531
    VK

I seriously doubt Glenn used the adjective "bloody."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I seriously doubt Glenn used the adjective "bloody."
    Maybe they couldn't print the word he used? Yeah, it looks very real, but they said it was Sunday, which means Don either flew into Sydney and then did a three hour flight to Auckland (more with the time change) or flew straight to Auckland. For lunch. Glenn was in Sydney, so he would have made that flight. For lunch. Then both would make a 7.5 hr. flight to Perth in order to be there, as Glenn stated, to run through an acoustic/vocal version of the concert on Monday. I'm not saying this isn't true, it's just unbelievable, and if they did, it had to be for far more than lunch.
    VK