Page 223 of 301 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I put this in Irving's thread, but it does mention the Eagles, so even though it's an article about Irving, I'll put it here, too.

Irving has moved up to the #3 spot on Billboard's Power 100.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/6458403...-list-revealed
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the link. There's lots of interesting stuff there:
    On the management side, Azoff's heritage rock clients blew up the box office in 2014. With more than 1 million tickets sold, The Eagles grossed $107.3 million for 59 shows. With dates slated for Australia and New Zealand, the band is "in a tour of perpetuity -- every time we go back to a market it's bigger than the time before," says Azoff, attributing the growth to the History of the Eagles documentary, which "invented a new way of marketing a career. [It] has done way more for them at this point in their career than any album could have. It had the run on Showtime, then on DVD -- which Universal did a great job of marketing -- and now we've moved it over to Netflix, and it exploded again."
    That doesn't sound like they're done and dusted. Though the comment about an album is disappointing, I can see his point - the documentary reached a much wider audience than a new album would have.
    Azoff has venue plans of his own -- he's *looking at building Forum-like venues in other *markets. "We think music-only buildings are really *important," he says. "Years ago, everybody was *saying, 'The size is going to be 6,000 [capacity].' I think it's going to be everything from 6,000 to 20,000."
    If you tie this in with his earlier comment about how the Eagles could have a residency in a number (was in 8?) of cities, it seems like there could be a plan.

I'm trying to get my head around this new publishing rights organisation and how it fits in with the established bodies. Is it different from a performing rights organisation?

Banned

Irving seems delighted that the Eagles don't need to record any new music

Everybody knows about the relevance of the Beatles appearance on the Ed Sullivan show in '64 but it would've fallen a bit flat if they didn't release any new music after it. In fact The Beatles stopped touring and just concentrated on recording new music. I remember Glenn stressing the importance of making new music when the Eagles resumed in 1994. Maybe they don't care anymore.

Thanks for posting the link VAisForEagleLovers.

Stuck on the Border

I know the documentary also increased record sales for the band so it should have increased the market for some new recordings. However, given how long it takes them, it probably doesn't look like a good financial return on effort compared with touring with the old songs. Let's just hope the members of the band still have the creative urge and this will override the financial considerations.

I'm in two minds about the outcome I'd like for Don Henley's upcoming album. If it sells well, that could indicate a demand for new material, but it might be interpreted as a demand for new Henley material. If it doesn't sell, it will be taken as proof that there's no money in recording.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I put this in Irving's thread, but it does mention the Eagles, so even though it's an article about Irving, I'll put it here, too.

Irving has moved up to the #3 spot on Billboard's Power 100.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/6458403...-list-revealed
    That was interesting. I didn't realize he managed Fleetwood Mac as well.

Though Irving seems to say the Eagles will tour in perpetuity, that's certainly not the impression that Don Henley and Joe Walsh have given. Didn't Joe say they'll probably do one more tour then "wrap it up." And Don has indicated the time is drawing very nigh on their performing days since they're all approaching their late 60s.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That was interesting. I didn't realize he managed Fleetwood Mac as well.

Though Irving seems to say the Eagles will tour in perpetuity, that's certainly not the impression that Don Henley and Joe Walsh have given. Didn't Joe say they'll probably do one more tour then "wrap it up." And Don has indicated the time is drawing very nigh on their performing days since they're all approaching their late 60s.
    I'm hoping that to them, an all out tour is one thing, and playing a few steady dates at a few locations are two different things.

UTW - I believe he said 12 cities.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Irving seems delighted that the Eagles don't need to record any new music
    Azoff seems to actively campaign against them making another album. I don't understand it; in the documentary, he seems to appreciate them as artists, at least in the past. Maybe he doesn't think a new album by them would be any good. I still believe in them, though, and I hope they still believe in themselves.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

He's said that one of his main jobs is trying to keep the band together, so maybe Azoff is worried about the friction that might be created during recording sessions.

Border Troubadour

(NB - I am not sure if the Eagles differ in the following, please advise me if so: I've no idea what their various contracts as the 70s progressed entailed):

Bernie said on HOTE that bands rarely get much from releasing work, touring is where the attracting figures lie. So if they were to release new work obviously touring would have to ensue, however Azoff himself I believe has left it open that the Eagles may take up residency across a few cities only, which surely wouldn't be optimising the financial potential of their new material.

I think, based on a combination of their age (it must be much harder at age 67 to finish a half-baked song than for example it would have been with LROOE a decade ago), the fact that their chief lyricist / one half of the primary songwriting team has a new album out which would most likely include any modicum of new song ideas, and a life-story documentary accompanied with what is as good as a farewell tour leaves any future possibility of new material very weak.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    (NB - I am not sure if the Eagles differ in the following, please advise me if so: I've no idea what their various contracts as the 70s progressed entailed):

Bernie said on HOTE that bands rarely get much from releasing work, touring is where the attracting figures lie. So if they were to release new work obviously touring would have to ensue, however Azoff himself I believe has left it open that the Eagles may take up residency across a few cities only, which surely wouldn't be optimising the financial potential of their new material.

I think, based on a combination of their age (it must be much harder at age 67 to finish a half-baked song than for example it would have been with LROOE a decade ago), the fact that their chief lyricist / one half of the primary songwriting team has a new album out which would most likely include any modicum of new song ideas, and a life-story documentary accompanied with what is as good as a farewell tour leaves any future possibility of new material very weak.
    Not yet he doesn't, and he's been working on this album for years, so it's a bit of a stretch to call the songs on it 'new' after so long.