Page 194 of 301 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

It will if they sell, I imagine. I remember Dolan and Azoff talking about doing this kind of thing a while back when they were forming their partnership with regard to the ownership of Madison Square Garden and the LA Forum.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm bringing this forward from November, 2013. It's post 1546 in this thread.
    I know Glenn and Cindy were married in August, 1990. I've seen a wedding announcement that was posted in the Aspen paper shortly after their marriage. I can't remember the exact date, but I think it was around August 20th or 21st. If they married on Saturday before the announcement, that would mean the date was 8/17/90. However, the announcement did not give the date so this may not be correct.
    I am posting it because I came upon this information giving a June 30, 1990 wedding date for G Lewis Frey & Cynthia F Millican in Pitkin County, Colorado. (Aspen is in Pitkin county). http://www.peoplefinders.com/marriag...nthia+millican. I don't know how accurate this site is, after all, it does say G Lewis, not Glenn Lewis. It's highly unlikely that there would be two other people with the same names married in Pitkin county in 1990, but the date could he incorrect.

That's a lot earlier than I thought, but I never did have a date nailed down, just that August news item. Maybe they were just slow to report it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

HOTE brings in $145 million and 1.1 million fans...so far.

http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...-to-11-million

The Eagles are one of the elite touring bands of all time, having grossed $702,110,908 and moved 7,720,760 tickets to 484 shows reported to Billboard Boxscore since the band re-united for the 1994 Hell Freezes Over tour. “The worldwide strength of the Eagles live business is unparalleled,” Azoff tells Billboard. “It just grows and grows.”
    Why is it unparalleled? The songs and still-perfect delivery of them!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Awesome!

"These are the best Eagles shows I have ever seen,” says Azoff, who has managed the band for some 40 years. “I love this show. No one should miss it. I also admire them for keeping the ticket prices affordable, and foregoing stadium and outdoor dates for the best possible environment for their fans to experience this amazing show."
    Totally agree with Irving on the first half of this quote. However, not too sure about the affordable ticket prices part. I guess 'affordable' is all in the eye of the beholder. But, one thing for sure, it seems that the demand is still there and as long as they are selling millions of tickets, I guess we can assume they are still affordable to the general public.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    That gross number sounds low. That would mean that the AVERAGE ticket is $130, and this wouldn't even include any merchandise sales...But, I don't know why he'd lower the #, maybe they're embarrassed to provide the REAL #s!! I think Borderers have spent more than $145M this year!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I think I've mentioned before, their cheaper tickets, aka 'nosebleeds' are cheaper than other major acts touring. At least, they were last summer when I did the compare. I thought the number low as well, but that's probably what they made as a live act? For their purposes, merchandise might go under 'promotion', same as concessions, and while owned by the band, perhaps a different entity when calculating revenue? I don't know, of course, just throwing out possibilities.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post

http://www.billboard.com/biz/article...-to-11-million

Why is it unparalleled? The songs and still-perfect delivery of them!
    Yup!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I still wonder why the media is surprise they can still bring in the people and one of the hottest tours at this moment even surplussing some of today's artist. Heck sometimes the guys are still surprise people are still come. They are not has been and they never were IMO. Yes they left for 14 years, but when they picked up where they stop at, it just got bigger and bigger instead of smaller.

The Eagles are great band. People want to see them. I really hope I get to see one of their shows especially HOTE, but its coming very slim since I don't see them coming back to the south anytime soon.

Stuck on the Border

"Mentions in the Press" is a bit of an understatement for this. It's a short interview with Irving Azoff and there are a couple of significant comments.

This isn't so surprising:
    To me, this show they put together--from their performance to the production--is the most satisfying of all Eagles shows. People had better see it quickly because the three hour and fifteen minute set is coming to an end. I'm not saying they're coming to an end, but this version of their live performance is. This show was written to go around once, not twice. That's how it'll be.
    But this is a shocker:
    MR: Over the years, people have loved hearing new material from the Eagles. Do they do that still? Do they still get together and write?
    IA: No, mostly because I told them don't bother, because there's no appreciation for it anymore. Neil Diamond once said to me that he puts four new songs all together in the set because he knows they're going to get up and go to the bathroom when he plays new songs. I've actually discouraged them from doing anything new because there's such a lack of respect these days for icons of our business doing any new material. Their audience wants to hear the body of work that they live with at home, not new material.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mike-r...b_5553742.html
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 07-03-2014 at 03:46 AM.