Page 189 of 301 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Border Desperado

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

I was giving this whole thing some thought and something did come to mind- is it possible the other band members may not have wanted to have a deep dive into their personal histories for the HOTE doc?

We know Felder would not have been sensitive about it as he wrote a book about his life, but we don't really know if everyone else felt the same way. Randy and TBS and Bernie seem to live quiet lives and I can certainly respect that. Joe revealed a lot about his decline and his recovery, but earlier in his life, he did suffer a horrible loss and perhaps there were some decisions made in light of that.

As Far as Don and Glenn's history goes, I think it was relevant to the for us to learn how they both ended up going to CA and eventually met, that is where the Eagles history starts to play out.

I can see what you mean about some being protective of their personal history, but they barely even touched upon professional histories. I understand why Don Henley and Glenn would get more time spent on their background, but I was a bit surprised that the others got almost nothing. I think Felder has a valid point in that regard.

However, that decision was made by Elwood and co, not Glenn and Henley.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Maybe they should have made a 7 part documentary series, one part for each member of the band, just to get EVERYTHING in. Just kidding!

Stuck on the Border

The full Felder interview is at Rock Cellar.
    I thought it was inappropriately titled as History of the Eagles. It should have been titled The History of Don Henley and Glenn Frey. Bernie Leadon was in more successful bands than anybody in the Eagles before he joined The Eagles. He was in a band called Hearts and Flowers; he was in the Flying Burrito Brothers so he’d been on the road and toured and made records. Randy Meisner had been in Poco and had hits with them and he had also been in the Rick Nelson Stone Canyon Band.

Both of those guys had a more successful history prior in The Eagles than Don Henley and Glenn Frey and all of that was omitted. To say nothing of my history growing up Gainesville (Florida) and being with Stephen Stills, Bernie Leadon, Tom Petty, Duane Allman and all of that history that went on before we all wound up being in the Eagles. The time that was spent primarily focused on Don Henley and Glenn Frey versus anyone else in the band as completely lopsided.
    To me, that’s okay; it was their project, they controlled it and they paid for it so it can be any way they wanted it to be. When I was asked to come in and be a part of it it was a tough decision because I knew that whatever editing took place would most likely not be favorable to me. But I wanted to be represented as being part of the project so I went and sat there for probably three, three and a half hours being interviewed and I bet they used five minutes of the interview, which is typical of projects like that. But I think it was just a little lopsided; it should have been called The History of Henley and Frey.
    Felder has a point, but he's also wrong in some aspects. There was footage of Bernie in The Flying Burrito Brothers and Bernie talking about leaving that band and if there had been decent footage of Randy in Poco, I think it would have been shown. However, I'm also sure Felder told his stories about Duane Allman, Stephen Stills and Tom Petty and they didn't make the cut (probably because they were peripheral to the Eagles story).

It was a documentary commissioned by the "Eagles" and if Glenn and Don had been unhappy with the final results, it could have been buried like the 1977 documentary and the 800 page authorised biography. I bet the initial negotations went further than "We're going to tell the truth" and took in the overall approach and focus. Within those constraints, Gibney and Ellwood obviously thought they had a worthwhile story to tell (and most of us agree).

If you're looking at a band with a 40-year history where you have two people who have been there throughout, who wrote and sang the majority of their hits and who now have control of the brand and they're paying you, who would you focus on?

Stuck on the Border

Who do you want to book for your private event?
    On the music side, many of the most important artists of all time, like Bob Dylan (min. $US250,000) and Patti Smith (min. $US250,000), can be had for an arguably shameful bargain. It also appears possible to order specific band members individually, and it’s interesting to see who costs more: Don Henley (min. $US250,000) is the most expensive Eagle, followed by Glenn Frey (min. $US150,000) and Joe Walsh (also min. $US150,000). The band itself costs at least $US750,000.
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/ce...te-list-2014-6

Don Felder min. $50,000
    http://www.celebritytalent.net/sampl...the-eagles%29/

I couldn't find a price for Timothy. Maybe he doesn't do corporate gigs.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Someone on the board needs to WIN the lottery!!!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Definitely, HB!

I wish the HotE doc would have been longer and given more details of Randy and Bernie too. But, with all of the members 40 year history, it would have been long! I guess they stuck with Glenn and Don as being founders and had to stop somewhere, but I would love a complete one someday.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Dads Get Free Father's Day Lap Dances At LIC Strip Club

my boyfriend sent me this with the instructions to just pay attention to the first paragraph!

I'll just quote it here to spare you haha

There are lots of presents you could bestow upon your father for Father's Day—Drop Crotch Acid Wash Lounge Sweatpants, for instance, or The Eagles: The Complete Greatest Hits. But these gifts are easily misplaced or forgotten, and doesn't Dear Old Dad have enough of Glenn Frey's music, anyway? This year, give the man who sired you what he really wants—a lapdance.

I said: there's no such thing as too much Eagles/Glenn Frey!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

ITA with you T&H.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

T&H, too funny!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten